Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2024 7:51:57 AM EDT
Assembly Codes agenda for May 7:

A-3359, Establishes the crime of falsely filing an Extreme Risk Protection Order to be punishable as a class E felony. No companion.

Senate Codes agenda for May 8:

S-6649, Requires firearms dealers to post and provide written warnings to purchasers of dangers posed by access to weapons in the home. Companion A-2882.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 7:44:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By nyrkba:

A-3359, Establishes the crime of falsely filing an Extreme Risk Protection Order to be punishable as a class E felony. No companion.

Senate Codes agenda for May 8:

S-6649, Requires firearms dealers to post and provide written warnings to purchasers of dangers posed by access to weapons in the home. Companion A-2882.
View Quote
I seriously doubt the first one will go anywhere. I think they are perfectly fine with false ERPO's as it keeps everyone on edge. Besides they will claim it will make people fearful to file them

As for the second, I would love to see a companion requiring posting of signs in communities warning of the dangers of allowing unvetted foreign nationals to freely roam the streets
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:11:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Aardvark:
I seriously doubt the first one will go anywhere. I think they are perfectly fine with false ERPO's as it keeps everyone on edge. Besides they will claim it will make people fearful to file them

As for the second, I would love to see a companion requiring posting of signs in communities warning of the dangers of allowing unvetted foreign nationals to freely roam the streets
View Quote
Please add one more sign for the vetted (i.e. out on no bail or released) citizens that also freely roam the streets.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 4:35:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By nyrkba:

View Quote

I can already see how this would be ignored.

BS red flag report is made, judge approves it with zero proof or due process so no false report was made.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top