Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2024 3:27:06 PM EDT
Good pro 2A folks. Any insights for what they're in for?

I'll Google some general info, just wondered what local think.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 3:37:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Lewisville, AR??  There is nothing there to speak of.  It's ~30 miles to Texarkana, Hope or Magnolia.  What is bringing your family there?
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 4:48:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Spartacus] [#2]
Their daughter is somewhere in Arkansas, they're moving to be closer to her. Retired business owner.

My googling isn't turning up much good or bad so I thought I'd ask.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:13:45 PM EDT
[#3]
It's a very small town.  There isn't an industrial hub near there.  Magnolia/Stamps maybe?  Most of what goes on around Lewisville is logging or oil drilling.  I'll talk to my brother who lives near there and get some more details, then post.  I don't think it's a bad place to live.  Very rural but in a nice area for lakes, etc.  Not too far from 2 large towns - Texarkana and Magnolia.  Magnolia is a college town so something is going on there pretty regularly for entertainment, etc.  Texarkana is an instate transit town so there's a lost there, but it isn't a huge cultural center although there are a few neat things that come through the Perot downtown.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:51:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Lewisville is the county seat for Lafayette County, and the county is small (population is ~6300 for the county in 2020 census) so there really isn't much there.  There is a Dollar General and local grocery store (Tim's - not sure if it is still affiliated with IGA, but has been there forever) in Lewisville. Burge's Hickory Smoked Turkeys and Hams has decent food - has also been there a long time.  There is a little more in Stamps - ~10 minutes east on Hwy 82.  It may change as Standard Lithium bought land just south of Lewsiville to build a $1.3 billion lithium extraction and refinement plant.

El Dorado, AR is about an hour away, and Shreveport, LA is probably 1.5hrs or so away.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:25:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JDMnAR:
Lewisville is the county seat for Lafayette County, and the county is small (population is ~6300 for the county in 2020 census) so there really isn't much there.  There is a Dollar General and local grocery store (Tim's - not sure if it is still affiliated with IGA, but has been there forever) in Lewisville. Burge's Hickory Smoked Turkeys and Hams has decent food - has also been there a long time.  There is a little more in Stamps - ~10 minutes east on Hwy 82.  It may change as Standard Lithium bought land just south of Lewsiville to build a $1.3 billion lithium extraction and refinement plant.

El Dorado, AR is about an hour away, and Shreveport, LA is probably 1.5hrs or so away.
View Quote

I don't think I will be able to add any more than this.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:49:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks. That's about what I was finding too.

Guess I'll have to visit them and see for my self.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top