Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2024 7:48:53 PM EDT
I will probably have to buy my first home in the next 12-24 months since I refuse to rent again. A lot has been said about the economy but it doesn't seem to be having much of an impact on listing prices. I think even Oklahoma's market has become too globalized to see another 08-10 crash to correct things. There's also the issue of priced out buyers jumping back in en mass the minute the rate goes below 5% again. On one of these previous threads a local arfcomer said he was a real estate agent. I like any opinions had on here for Purcell and Garvin County. I'd like to go further out but don't want to too far from adequate medical infrastructure since I go through VA. I'd like something with 5-10 acres to shoot on but I'm probably priced out of that
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 4:18:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Lots of posted acreage "for sale" for miles around purcell, real trick is finding decent land thats affordable
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 6:05:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By DrSutton:
I will probably have to buy my first home in the next 12-24 months since I refuse to rent again. A lot has been said about the economy but it doesn't seem to be having much of an impact on listing prices. I think even Oklahoma's market has become too globalized to see another 08-10 crash to correct things. There's also the issue of priced out buyers jumping back in en mass the minute the rate goes below 5% again. On one of these previous threads a local arfcomer said he was a real estate agent. I like any opinions had on here for Purcell and Garvin County. I'd like to go further out but don't want to too far from adequate medical infrastructure since I go through VA. I'd like something with 5-10 acres to shoot on but I'm probably priced out of that
View Quote

There's a VA clinic in Norman so you are well within their service AO in Purcell or even Paul's Valley.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 11:09:12 AM EDT
[#3]
View Quote

I'm a local Realtor here in the OKC metro if you have any questions shoot me a message.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 11:39:42 AM EDT
[#4]
View Quote

@DrSutton

There are VA clinics in Lawton, Clinton and Altus in case you want to look at living on this side of the state.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 11:35:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks I'm aware. I like the dryer climate of western OK but I'm only gonna guy if I have good range access, so now Stillwater and Muskogee are what I'm looking at.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top