Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2023 9:31:39 PM EDT
Visiting a friend in Fallon (he moved from Reno recently) and wanting to do some shooting. Was hoping for an established range were we could do some longer range stuff but any ideas on where to shoot would be great.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 8:53:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Umbrellacorp] [#1]
Hop on the 50 East going towards sand mountain. It's about 15-20 minutes away. What you wanna do is look for signs for the Grimes point turn off.  You can google "Grimes Point" and just go where the GPS takes you. you'll turn left onto a dirt road. Drive about a mile then pick a spot. You'll see plenty. Plus there is an old nuke test site called "project Shoal" You can google that too its about another 20 minutes down the 50. Plus the navy bombing range.

Edit... It's not an actual range but thats where we go to shoot legally.
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 11:18:12 PM EDT
[#2]
The local club has a range. I can't remember how far their longer bays are but it's not long range. Most of what they hosted when I shot with them was pistol and action events. Lots of good people. It's been several years but they have a website and facebook. https://stillwaterfirearms.org/

I don't know if it has changed but if I lived there I'd join for sure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top