Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2024 3:01:47 PM EDT
Hello Arfcom Alaskans!

Down here in the lower 48, the traditional “sailor-boy pilots bread” is rather hard to get. I’m sure it’s as common-place to many of you as crackers are in my grocery store, but I view it as an awesome survival food, or at the very least, a nice sized cracker for a few camping trips I’ve got planned this year.

I’ll admit to having an irrational desire for some, tempered by what seems to be outrageous prices on what seems to be the only source for the lower 48 on eBay.

If there’s a fellow member of Arfcom that runs into those whenever they go to their grocery store, and is willing to put some in a usps box, let me know. I’m certainly willing to cover whatever the cost is, as long as it isn’t the $27 each it works out to be on eBay. Probably go for 2-3 boxes, since flat-rate boxes are, well, flat rate.

I’d put a WTB on the EE, but figure I’ve got a better chance with one of you fine lads helping me out if I post here.

Looking forward to getting to know one, or several of you! Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 1:03:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll take a look next time I go to Safeway or A&P. I know I used to always see them in Cordova, but I'm not sure that would save money buying from the store there, lol.

Link Posted: 1/14/2024 6:26:30 PM EDT
[#2]
A case for me is $80 plus tax.

Single box is $13 or so.
Will be going to the store today so I will do a price check.

Mailing is a killer with the prices going up real soon.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 6:56:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks to both of you. I understand in AK, things cost differently. That said, I rather buy them from an Arfcomer than send money to some person on eBay. Rest assured I’m not going to ask someone to do something, then essentially welch. Money will flow.  

And before someone suggests the crackers in the can, I don’t need the can, and I want to use these, not store them in the basement.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 1:20:09 AM EDT
[#4]
A&P has the 2lb boxes for $8.49 each. Don't know, yet, if Safeway is less or not (they usually are for most things).
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 2:57:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Safeway, surprisingly, was more expensive. $10.79 a box.  Both are very low on stock.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 9:31:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Awesome- thank you for checking. I’ll reach out via email and we can discuss some finer points of arranging an agreement.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top