Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2024 3:34:08 PM EDT
I've been hearing many people waking out now the finish line to being a surf is upon us. Marlin Model 60 to be registered if it has over a ten round tube magazine?!
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:38:26 PM EDT
[#1]
No!
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:54:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Thought so. People are freking out. Even people telling me if no one registers their firearms they will not be able to renew their Pistol permit, long gun permit or ammo permit.

I'm waiting next for someone to tell me that if a revolver or pistol doesn't meet a set over sll length it needs to be registered too.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:06:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sbhaven] [#3]
Originally Posted By M4A2:
I've been hearing many people waking out now the finish line to being a surf is upon us. Marlin Model 60 to be registered if it has over a ten round tube magazine?!
View Quote

No. Tube fed .22 cal are exempt. You can review and confirm for yourself...
Sec. 53-202w. Large capacity magazines. Definitions. Sale, transfer or possession prohibited. Exceptions.
(1) “Large capacity magazine” means any firearm magazine, belt, drum, feed strip or similar device that has the capacity of, or can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than ten rounds of ammunition, but does not include: (A) A feeding device that has been permanently altered so that it cannot accommodate more than ten rounds of ammunition, (B) a .22 caliber tube ammunition feeding device, (C) a tubular magazine that is contained in a lever-action firearm, or (D) a magazine that is permanently inoperable;
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top