Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2024 4:15:26 PM EDT
Mas will be at the Hobbs Island Shooting Range in September.  Details below!

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 1:58:27 PM EDT
[#1]
$525 for two days of lectures is pretty steep
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 3:35:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By evnash:
View Quote

Think value, not price.  Also remember that as a student if you find yourself in court he will testify for only the cost of travel and lodging.  He also gives a 50% discount for all future classes.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:26:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By evnash:
View Quote
Yep, for $525 I'll buy another Glock,
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:39:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Saker13:
Yep, for $525 I'll buy another Glock,
View Quote

Certainly an option, but why not invest in gaining knowledge?
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:18:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By 1911SFOREVER:

Certainly an option, but why not invest in gaining knowledge?
View Quote
Because nothing described in the course description is needed for me.  I know my local, state, and national laws.  Before I decided to carry a firearm, I educated myself.  I also have forms of insurance to protect myself.

I'm sure there are many that would benefit from his forum, I do not believe I am one of them, especially at that price.  $500+ for a classroom talk with no practical training is a bit much.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:31:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Because nothing described in the course description is needed for me.  I know my local, state, and national laws.  Before I decided to carry a firearm, I educated myself.  I also have forms of insurance to protect myself.

I'm sure there are many that would benefit from his forum, I do not believe I am one of them, especially at that price.  $500+ for a classroom talk with no practical training is a bit much.
View Quote

Practical training, like learning what to say to arriving law enforcement?  Shitty tricks that prosecutors play?  How about establishing a training record and the chance to educate a jury by showing them exactly what you learned?

"Practical" in the self-defense realm, runs much deeper than most appreciate.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 7:59:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BKDinTexas] [#7]

View Quote

You don't know what you don't know. I have taken the course. Worth every penny. And the closest thing you can come to making yourself conviction proof if ever wrongfully prosecuted for self defense. Ayoob has insight that even most lawyers don't have because of his lifelong exposure to trial cases. There were several defense lawyers in the class with me and they all agreed they learned more in the 20 hours than they had learned in law school or even in their practice to date.

Learn what to say and do and what NOT to say and do, to police after the shooting and in the courtroom if you should wind up there. From real life cases.

Ayoob worked on the Zimmerman case and the Rittiman case. Wouldn't you like to learn something from the team that got those guys off at trial? I did. $500 is a lot of money to me and yet I will probably take it again down the road while Mas is still around. He ain't gettin' any younger.  

Of course, we all know in today's world full of Soros prosecutors and DAs trying to get re-elected, no one gets unfairly prosecuted, right? What are the odds?
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 12:22:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm a graduate of LFI.

The week long course (40 hours) I took was split evenly between classroom and range time.

The value(to me) of the classroom/lecture part of the course far outweighed the range/tactical portion.  Mas was (to the best of my knowledge) the first or certainly one of the first instructors who provided his students with a comprehensive education for surviving a deadly force encounter.  Especially when it came to interacting with LEO, lawyers and court proceedings.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top