Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2024 4:33:09 PM EDT
Not sure what to think about him tossing his hat in the ring for Testers spot. He has been solid in the house IMHO so why would he vacate a solid seat to go after Tester?
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 4:39:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, I don't know why they're doing this.  Like you said, he's been pretty reliable in the House, and Sheehy may be a decent competitor for Tester's fake fucking ass.

It might actually have been better if they reversed roles.  Rosendale goes for Senate, and Sheehy goes for the House seat.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 4:45:43 PM EDT
[#2]
For what it's worth I was talking with a guy very involved in the party in Montana and he said that Rosendale is more of the anti establishment candidate and Sheehy is supported more by the national RNC, meaning McConnell and Co.

I'm undecided so far. I just want Tester out.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 9:17:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 10:41:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TOTHEMAX:
It drives me crazy when a candidate vacates a spot they were elected in to run for another. Especially when their former spot has the potential to be flipped.

Stop taking R votes from a guy already running.
View Quote

That's what rubs me wrong about this,what is the reasoning for running for the senate seat and who put him up to it? What happens if he wins and his house seat is open? Just seems like he is shitting in the punch bowl out of spite. As far as I am concerned he needs to stay in the house where he has done a good job and let Sheehy take a jab at Tester.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 11:25:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Talyn] [#5]
The Dems are overjoyed at the possibility of going against Rosendale.

IMO Rosendale is an embarassment to MT.

I could say something more demeaning but I won't.

He won't get my vote in the primary.

Link Posted: 2/14/2024 12:17:07 AM EDT
[#6]
It’s an unnecessary fight.

Make testers actual opponent waste time and money fighting with somebody from their own party.  Not to mention whatever mudlsinging and divisiveness which will only serve to help tester.

Rosendale needs to not enter the senate race.

It’s what’s best for the state and country.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 5:46:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Seems to be a trend. Must be more money to be had in the senate.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 6:30:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 7:24:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Didn't he vacate a spot for his house seat??
View Quote

That is my major concern, he not only gives up the house seat that then gets snatched up by a democrat and then loses to Tester again.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 8:12:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 11:13:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By JAG2955:
Yeah, I don't know why they're doing this.  Like you said, he's been pretty reliable in the House, and Sheehy may be a decent competitor for Tester's fake fucking ass.

It might actually have been better if they reversed roles.  Rosendale goes for Senate, and Sheehy goes for the House seat.
View Quote

Thisness.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 7:51:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 8:37:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Talyn] [#13]
Just got a notification that he dropped out. Maybe he read our thread.
View Quote

+100

Rosendale just got a major wake-up call.  He should be lucky to have his House seat.

Link Posted: 2/15/2024 8:39:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 10:40:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By elcope:

Appears to be the case.

View Quote

Good,one less house seat to worry about losing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top