Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2023 9:47:08 PM EDT
Is there anyone in the Las Vegas area that mills out lowers that makes it look professional? If yes how much and is there anything to know about it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 2:56:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I do believe it is illegal to have anyone but yourself do the work for you. Maybe you can find someone who has a mini mill already programmed that would let you come over and show you what to do?

Please verify what I am stating as I am not an nfa lawyer nor did I sleep in a holiday express last night.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 11:38:38 AM EDT
[#2]
That person would be an 07 FFL
The same person you would need to serialize it for you so you could  legally have it in NV.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 5:46:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AWMCoalition:
That person would be an 07 FFL
The same person you would need to serialize it for you so you could  legally have it in NV.
View Quote

This.

It's illegal for you to manufacture a firearm from an 80% lower in NV unless you can find an 07 FFL to serialize it for you. Good luck with that.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 6:58:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DamascusKnifemaker] [#4]
--------------
Link Posted: 11/23/2023 8:28:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DerekCCW] [#5]
M 13 Industries on South Polaris would know, 80 % here totally illegal
Just noticed this is my Arfcom 20th anniversary!
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 4:09:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Google says that 80 percent is LEGAL here due to Joe Lombardo veto of the law banning them.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 4:13:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1337-G] [#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PARA-FN-FAL:
Google says that 80 percent is LEGAL here due to Joe Lombardo veto of the law banning them.
View Quote

Sisolak signed the law, nothing to do with Lombardo.

I'm an 07/02 but wtf do I know.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 2:22:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pedro66] [#8]
I think the point that you are missing is that regardless if it is legal or not to construct from a 80% It must be you that does the work if you have someone or pay someone else to do it they then become the manufacturer and are responsible under the law for that receiver, hence if a suitable FFL they must serialize it and transfer through their books to you and if just an individual then in order they hand it to you it has go go via a transfer FFL hence will need a name and serial number on it.

So the to main reasons for having an 80% are now kind if dead

1, Having the satisfaction of completing your own firearm
2, Having something off the books

Factor that in with what someone will charge you for doing the work or for the transfer you may as well buy 1 if not 2 off the shelf lowers

The NV law has been challenged but as of writing this it still stands and completed receivers require serial numbers

Case details here
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top