Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2024 9:48:24 AM EDT
https://www.ssa.gov/open/havv/havv-weekly-2024-01-13.html

It seems we are in second place behind Texas for having new voters regsitered that have no ID.

Are the Amish making a voting push? Other possible shenanigans?

Who knows.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 10:27:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 10:31:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Ugh, that's not a good look.

Does MO still require ID to vote?

Link Posted: 4/3/2024 11:03:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hanz:
Ugh, that's not a good look.

Does MO still require ID to vote?

View Quote

Yes! Missouri even has ways to get a free ID.

https://www.sos.mo.gov/voterid

Link Posted: 4/3/2024 11:18:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Stitches1974:

Yes! Missouri even has ways to get a free ID.

https://www.sos.mo.gov/voterid

View Quote
I guess the registrations will be used for absentee ballots. Is my tinfoil showing?
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 12:00:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Trump carried Missouri by 15 points in 2020. Republicans hold every statewide office and a super majority in both chambers of the legislature. If there were any kind of effort to throw elections with a bunch of fake voters, I think we'd see that fairly easily.

Link Posted: 4/3/2024 1:10:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 3:06:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: delorean] [#7]
In 2002, CCW was on the ballot and looked like it was going to pass until all the STL votes came in and the last minute.  Same thing happened when Jim Telent had a good lead in all the districts he carried 6 years before......then they found a ton of votes for mccaskall in STL.  

Super majorities and what Trump carried with doesn't mean $hit when the legislators don't do anything to keep that legacy.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:36:36 AM EDT
[#8]
It's well known that dead people in St Louis have been voting democrat for decades.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:54:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 10:51:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Posted this in GD about a week ago. Got no traffic.

GD thread. (crickets)

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 10:46:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Bladeswitcher:
Trump carried Missouri by 15 points in 2020. Republicans hold every statewide office and a super majority in both chambers of the legislature. If there were any kind of effort to throw elections with a bunch of fake voters, I think we'd see that fairly easily.

View Quote

Depends what seats your interested in... I'm guessing reps in DC... gotta turn the house.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 11:16:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bladeswitcher] [#12]
Originally Posted By madmacs69:

Depends what seats your interested in... I'm guessing reps in DC... gotta turn the house.
View Quote

Well, Republicans do hold the majority in the House (how's that working out?). If you're hoping for a stronger Republican majority, Missouri ain't going to help make that happen. We're a 7-2 state and we're going to stay a 7-2 state for the foreseeable future.

Only two of Missouri's eight congressional districts are represented by Democrats. It would take a seismic shift in American politics for a Democrat to win in any of the currently Republican-held districts. If that happens, there are bigger things going on than voting fraud.

As for flipping either of the two Democratic seats, that's not likely to happen any time soon either. Cori Bush's seat (Missouri's 1st Congressional District) is a "majority-minority" district and is all but guaranteed to be a Democratic seat by the Voting Rights Act. The only other district where a Democrat holds a realistic chance of winning is Missouri's 5th Congressional District in Kansas City. Since 2005, that seat has been held by Emmanuel Clever, a black minister. To say that's a safe seat is an understatement.

BTW, contrary to what you may have heard, there was no serious effort to make Missouri a 7-1 state during the last redistricting fight. That's what they told you, but those in the know understood it was really about making Missouri's 3rd District more favorable for Bob Onder. He was holding up the redistricting map so that more of St. Charles County was in the 3rd, but the district was going to stay Republican no matter how the map was drawn.

Link Posted: 4/6/2024 11:01:39 PM EDT
[#13]

I’m locked from GD. Care to give a synopsis here?
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 11:48:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By TrashWrencher:

I’m locked from GD. Care to give a synopsis here?
View Quote

Those 2 images plus this text:

Got this in the mail this month. We have a state election on Tuesday. Another in August. And of course the big general in November.

Can get a free government ID between now and then, right?

Are we disenfranchising racial minorities in this state?

Instructions seem pretty clear about what is required.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 8:28:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Shootindave] [#15]
The instructions are clear on what is required to vote on the mailer,

The underlying system of obtaining identity confirmation through the federal system, to issue the “free” ID might be worth further investigation.

Also, there is a reason the numbers are so high in certain states. There is a reason Missouri has more applications that have been denied than other states have had total applications. And it is not because we are a high population state.

It is likely because we have some NGO at homeless shelters or somewhere trying to mass register target populations for political purposes.

Side note; the government is not capable of producing free goods or services, as they are funded by your tax dollars. Those IDs are paid for by tax payers to issue IDs which cost less than two packs of cigarettes to purchase. It might save court litigation for “voters rights” but it is a grift non-the-less.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 9:18:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Shootindave] [#16]
On the Feb 17th week tab over 23,000 dead people tried to register to vote in Missouri.

This is an on going monthly problem.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:37:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Shootindave:
On the Feb 17th week tab over 23,000 dead people tried to register to vote in Missouri.

View Quote

Link to data?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:14:20 PM EDT
[#18]

Link to data?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Link to data?

The link is in the original post. You use the drop down to select different weeks to search.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:19:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Looks like they stopped publishing the data as of April 1st after keeping it current for a long time.

That figures.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:03:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Looks like they stopped publishing the data as of April 1st after keeping it current for a long time.

That figures.
View Quote

Time to light a fire under elected members...
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:08:08 PM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

That figures.

I already wrote to all my people.

If Republicans dont figure this out it is because they simply dont care. Habitually being behind the political curve is a conservative value in Jeff City.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:48:38 PM EDT
[#22]
I already wrote to all my people.

If Republicans dont figure this out it is because they simply dont care. Habitually being behind the political curve is a conservative value in Jeff City.
View Quote

Needs more than 2 people to question it unfortunately.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:07:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: madmacs69] [#23]
Time to name and shame:

Sam Graves - Not my problem.
Hawley - generic email

AG Bailey - generic letter, not planning on taking any action.

Not hard to see why Democrats feel they can cheat with impunity. There's no risk.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 2:06:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shootindave] [#24]
Time to name and shame:

View Quote

Well to be fair, this is a state issue. I contacted my state reps, not federal reps.

Graves is too busy voting to renew FISA and fund forever wars. He has chosen his path.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 5:35:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: madmacs69] [#25]

Well to be fair, this is a state issue. I contacted my state reps, not federal reps.

Graves is too busy voting to renew FISA and fund forever wars. He has chosen his path.
View All Quotes
Time to name and shame:

I contacted state, federal, and the AG.

His voice carries more weight in Jeff City than yours or mine, and it absolutely is an issue he should be questioning... oh wait, he's rural Missouri and doesn't care about the federal ballot being affected for 2 senators and a presidential candidate as long as his gravy train continues rolling.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top