Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2024 10:33:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Country]
I will be in the, not so great, state of WA for a few days next week. A lot has changed since the last time I was there, so I hope you folks can help me.

I will be in Spokane downtown area mostly.

I have a Utah permit which is recognized by WA "with restrictions". I'm not sure what they fully mean unless it is just about the provisional permit that Utah has for 18yos?

Is there a 10 round mag limit or did that get struck down?

I have been spoiled by my Montana overlords that allow us peasants to carry mostly unrestricted.

Please lay it on me!

Eta: I like the line where it says "Ccw is not allowed when riding a snowmobile."
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 11:36:26 AM EDT
[#1]
No, the magazine ban was not struck down and you will only legally be able to bring 10 round or less magazines.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 1:12:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Country:
I will be in the, not so great, state of WA for a few days next week. A lot has changed since the last time I was there, so I hope you folks can help me.

I will be in Spokane downtown area mostly.

I have a Utah permit which is recognized by WA "with restrictions". I'm not sure what they fully mean unless it is just about the provisional permit that Utah has for 18yos?

Is there a 10 round mag limit or did that get struck down?

I have been spoiled by my Montana overlords that allow us peasants to carry mostly unrestricted.

Please lay it on me!

Eta: I like the line where it says "Ccw is not allowed when riding a snowmobile."
View Quote

Where did you read that you can't carry concealed on a snowmobile?  it is considered a "vehicle", so technically you would need a CPL to carry concealed on a motorcycle, ATV, snowmobile, car, maybe even a bicycle.

Also, per the WA State AG website, it says that Utah is recognized except for the "Provisional" version;
Utah Yes Meets Washington requirements. *Utah Provisional Concealed Firearm Permit is not recognized because the permit is issued to individuals under the age of 21*
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 4:09:24 PM EDT
[#3]
The state also prohibits carrying any loaded firearm upon any snowmobile except by permit from the director of fish and wildlife.

https://www.washingtongunlaw.com/carrying-firearms-in-cars
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 4:46:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Cops66:
No, the magazine ban was not struck down and you will only legally be able to bring 10 round or less magazines.
View Quote

That is disappointing...
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 3:03:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By im_monster_man:
The state also prohibits carrying any loaded firearm upon any snowmobile except by permit from the director of fish and wildlife.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By im_monster_man:

Found the actual RCW. Giffords website did a better job, as they referenced the actual RCW…

https://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=46.10.495

RCW 46.10.495

Additional violations—Penalty.

(1) No person shall operate a snowmobile in such a way as to endanger human life.
(2) No person shall operate a snowmobile in such a way as to run down or harass deer, elk, or any wildlife, or any domestic animal, nor shall any person carry any loaded weapon upon, nor hunt from, any snowmobile except by permit issued by the director of fish and wildlife under RCW 77.32.237.
(3) Any person violating this section is guilty of a gross misdemeanor.
[ 2003 c 53 § 234; 1994 c 264 § 37; 1989 c 297 § 4; 1979 ex.s. c 182 § 11; 1971 ex.s. c 29 § 13. Formerly RCW 46.10.130.]

Link Posted: 2/25/2024 9:02:43 PM EDT
[#6]
That seems insane on the snowmobile thing, I think I'd take my chances lol. Never even heard of that.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 10:38:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't leave anything visible inside your vehicle, change etc...homeless individuals inhabit downtown.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 11:14:30 PM EDT
[#8]

That is disappointing...
View All Quotes

That is disappointing...

Didn't odd of Washington gun laws videos say that you could bring in mags and leave with mags.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 11:14:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bdy83] [#9]

That is disappointing...
View All Quotes

That is disappointing...

Didn't one of Washington gun laws videos say that you could bring in mags and leave with mags.

ETA This vid
Can I Cross the Washington State Line With a High Capacity Magazine?
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 12:12:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Or you can do what most of us are doing now

Do what you want
But don't get caught

It even has a nice ring to it
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 12:03:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cops66] [#11]
Originally Posted By bdy83:

Didn't one of Washington gun laws videos say that you could bring in mags and leave with mags.

ETA This vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXiwsS0zMbs
View Quote

Only if you’re a resident of WA and you owned the mags prior to the ban.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 7:43:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MrZeat] [#12]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bdy83:

ETA This vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXiwsS0zMbs

There is no residency requirement afaik. Anyone can hand you a standard mag once you cross the border and you can legally possess it. You CANNOT import.

Though that seems pretty hard to prove unless an officer literally watches you step over the border and searches you.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 8:11:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By MrZeat:

There is no residency requirement afaik. Anyone can hand you a standard mag once you cross the border and you can legally possess it. You CANNOT import.

Though that seems pretty hard to prove unless an officer literally watches you step over the border and searches you.
View Quote

Not true, law says you can’t distribute, which would mean you can’t hand it off to anyone but yourself. If you travel into WA state and you didn’t live here prior to the ban, then you can’t import.

Washington law says that you commit a crime if you manufacture, import, distribute, sell, or offer for sale any large capacity magazine. The offense is considered a gross misdemeanor in Washington (as opposed to a felony) that is punishable by up to one year in jail.Feb 4, 2024
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 12:31:05 AM EDT
[#14]

Not true, law says you can’t distribute, which would mean you can’t hand it off to anyone but yourself. If you travel into WA state and you didn’t live here prior to the ban, then you can’t import.

Washington law says that you commit a crime if you manufacture, import, distribute, sell, or offer for sale any large capacity magazine. The offense is considered a gross misdemeanor in Washington (as opposed to a felony) that is punishable by up to one year in jail.Feb 4, 2024
View All Quotes

How would you be guilty of distribution if you're in possession of something? Again unless some officer has actually witnessed a magazine being "distributed", what's an officer going to do?
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 11:48:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Cops66] [#15]

How would you be guilty of distribution if you're in possession of something? Again unless some officer has actually witnessed a magazine being "distributed", what's an officer going to do?
View Quote

You would be guilty of distribution if you own pre ban magazines and gave them to someone else.

Just because law enforcement/ police officer doesn’t see something, doesn’t mean it all of a sudden becomes legal.

Trust me, I don’t agree with any of this BS and the state shouldn’t be able to tell you what I can and can’t do with my own property.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 6:02:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TigerForce] [#16]
I wonder if the restriction on CCW on snowmobiles is aimed at poachers. It reminds me of the federal law prohibiting collection of feathers, with exceptions for feathers collected from legally hunted game birds, and for feathers collected by Native Americans.

ETA: reference: Feathers and the Law
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top