Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2023 7:55:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Beamy]
We're looking to relocate to around Pottsgrove/Sanatoga area next month.

Wife's sister and mom live between Limerick and Royersford
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 10:34:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Why do you want to know?  It’s an ok area,  Not too country, not too city. There’s a big nuke plant right there if that’s a concern. A huge outlet mall and a Costco. 422 runs right through there which is a decent highway that takes you east towards King of Prussia or west towards reading. Traffic can be horrendous during rush hours.  There’s a gun club in Pottsgrove that is hard to get into, they have a big bar that makes them money and a closed membership.

Other than the nuke plant I wouldn’t have any issue living there. Lots of other areas to live within 15 minutes as well.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 10:18:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Not a bad area, but is there a need to be in that immediate area other than wife's family (job?)? Traffic on 422 can be a pain in the ass, but the further out from KOP you go the better it gets.  Really the worst part of 422 is from Limerick on in; once you get past Sanatoga its almost always smooth sailing. If I were you, I'd be looking a bit beyond Sanatoga.

Also, I'd stay away from Pottstown for a home, but FWIW the Pottstown PD is awesome if you need fingerprints for NFA.

Link Posted: 8/20/2023 9:30:38 AM EDT
[#3]
How is Owen J Roberts school district?
Link Posted: 8/21/2023 8:32:34 PM EDT
[#4]
It's a good district.  You'll be in a nice area.  Close to Costco, outlets, KOP, etc.
Link Posted: 9/20/2023 12:04:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Beamy] [#5]
We found a townhouse rental southeast of Pottstown in Owen J Roberts school district in East Coventry Township.

We move in the first week of October

What are some good gun shops and gun clubs/ranges nearby
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 2:51:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Welcome @Beamy!

As I'm sure you're exploring your area, you are very close to the Outlets, King of Prussia Mall, and Valley Forge area.

Good gun shops (meaning large with some selection) are Targetmaster near Delaware, and I think Guardian something is near there as well.

Targetmaster has an indoor range.  As far as outdoor ranges, University Range is out west of you but it seems to be popular.

You're not far from me (I'm in upper bucks county), so if you get in a pinch and can't find somewhere to shoot, let me know and we can figure out a time you could come to my place.
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 7:52:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Congrats on the move.

JW Firearms is very close.  They are newish but have a good selection.  Kings Shooter Supply is in King of Prussia.  Shyda's is a huge shop and distributor but they are about an hour away in Lebanon.

As I mentioned, Lower Pottsgrove is the closest club but I believe it's hard to get a membership there.  Lower Providence is about 15 minutes away.  It takes a little while to get a membership there but if you PM me I can help.  Swamp Creek isn't too far away either.  University in Reading was mentioned.  There's tons of clubs within a reasonable drive, small and large.  It all depends on what you're looking for but if you ask around you won't want for places to shoot.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 12:47:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Sooo we've been here in Northern Chester County for about 4.5 months now

First off the food is great... Giovanni's pizza is amazing, also so is Corropolese Tomato Pie, and I can get my PA Dutch food here too

I love that I'm close to my family in Lebanon County too

I'm starting to look for jobs when I officially retire from the Air Force in August but right now I can't go to work for another company until mid July

Moving here actually worked out pretty good so far

I still need to find a gun club to join
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 5:19:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Beamy:
Sooo we've been here in Northern Chester County for about 4.5 months now

First off the food is great... Giovanni's pizza is amazing, also so is Corropolese Tomato Pie, and I can get my PA Dutch food here too

I love that I'm close to my family in Lebanon County too

I'm starting to look for jobs when I officially retire from the Air Force in August but right now I can't go to work for another company until mid July

Moving here actually worked out pretty good so far

I still need to find a gun club to join
View Quote

@beamy

Check out University Rifle Club.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top