Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2024 7:43:29 PM EDT
Evening y'all,

What can you tell me about Morganton? I'm about to sign a contract to build a cabin on 3.5 acres. I'm a solid red vote, enjoy huntin' & fishin' and will need a place that's at least 100 yds to shoot my .308 rifles.

Any advice/tips appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 1:28:42 AM EDT
[#1]
We have a cabin on the north side near Johns River.

I feel that Morganton is still a bit right of center. It has some of the Asheville vibe without all the stinky hippies, lol

It does have a bit of a meth problem. Meth-head hit our cabin one time before the guy beside us caught him and held him at gun point till cops got there. So far (3 years) that's the only problem we have had.

Rural King is always fun. You can get about everything there- guns, ammo, farm supplies, chickens, food, candy... one stop shopping for folks from the holler!

Rivers are fun to float and fish.

We are on the opposite side of town as Lowes building supply so we always have to go twice...

Link Posted: 2/6/2024 4:22:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Walked the property today. Silver Creek on the South side of town. Property backs up to the South Mountains Game Lands. The do not feed the bears signs made me smile.

I cannot wait to GTFO of Tampa.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 11:06:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah the bears are real. We had our camper to stay in as I was building cabin and the bears would come thru camp at night when we were there. Made sure no one left food out and got heavy metal bin for trash to stay end till took it to dump. Get them right often on the game cam- along with deer, coyotes, bob cat, coons, turkeys...
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 7:35:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you for the heads up !
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 9:39:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tacklenut] [#5]
Whiskeyballzzzz.
I’m an old Tampa Boy. I purchased a small farm a little south east of you. I can see south mountain state park from my place.
You’ll like it here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top