Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2024 11:30:16 PM EDT
So I got tired of Asheville and NC for the most part. My gp at the bmva retired and everything lined up, so I decided to move. Found a place in Johnson City to rent and pretty excited to be here. I had the place since the first march, but didn't get moved in this the 20th. It's been a pretty painless process getting my license transfered, my dv plates, and voter registration. I even took my class for my enhanced carry and applied.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 8:47:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome. There are a few of us around. I'm in Elizabethton, but work in JC. If you are needing VA services Mountain Home is pretty good.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 9:10:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MHIDPA:
Welcome. There are a few of us around. I'm in Elizabethton, but work in JC. If you are needing VA services Mountain Home is pretty good.
View Quote

I transfered all my va care there before I even moved. Got tired of waiting 4 to 6 months to see my drs in Asheville. I'm pretty happy with my care there so far.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 9:49:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Welcome.  I got out in 2015 and moved to the Jonesborough area..  This is an awesome place to live. Great if you have kids too.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 11:45:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Welcome to Tennessee, time for a username change
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 11:47:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By TheBeaverRetriever:
Welcome to Tennessee, time for a username change
View Quote

I have a degree from unc I received while I was in the service.. Hell I has the same username while I was stationed in Texas
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 4:37:21 PM EDT
[#6]
welcome

The VA is great, ranked one of the best in the country

MNT. City here, work in Piney Flats...if you have a ford and need service use Johnson City Ford...the rest are shady assho's

PM sent
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 5:31:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By bansil:
welcome

The VA is great, ranked one of the best in the country

MNT. City here, work in Piney Flats...if you have a ford and need service use Johnson City Ford...the rest are shady assho's

PM sent
View Quote

Yep, I have a 2023 Ford explorer timberline.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 8:45:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I intended to move to Johnson City area, but ended up in Parrottsville.

I use the VA branches in Morrisville and Knoxville, and the main campus in Johnson City.

Link Posted: 4/14/2024 6:28:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Moved to JC the end of 2023.  Great town and area!  Still looking for a good place to go shooting.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 12:07:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Dorsai:
Moved to JC the end of 2023.  Great town and area!  Still looking for a good place to go shooting.
View Quote

I also am looking for a place to go shooting..
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 5:47:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By tarheel7734:

I also am looking for a place to go shooting..
View Quote

If your just shooting hand guns there's the Gun Rack ($15 for an hour with three targets) in Kingsport (in door range with 5 lanes, 15 yards). Can't recommend Cherokee (out door range) if you have any issue's they have no office hours and no phone number to call if you have a problem getting through the gate with your card. There's another out door range in Bristol, VA - Kettlefoot (rifle, pistol and shotgun with a yearly membership).

Sarge
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 8:31:01 PM EDT
[#12]
There are some public ranges in Unicoi Co and next to Wautaga Lake. Though they can be sketchy at times... We've also had a couple get togethers over the years. I have a 100yd range on my property.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:15:58 AM EDT
[#13]
You have barnetts in Hampton, indoor

Also shooters edge? In Piney Flats industrial park, they also rent guns.

And almost everybody's front or backyard I know

Wife used to hunt coons out the bathroom window....they were eating the cat food
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:21:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Also what ffl is everyone using in the area?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:01:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bansil] [#15]
I've used Mahoneys in jc and TCGD in Elizabethtown also the gun shop in Piney Flats on the hiway up on the hill?

@MHIDPA whats it called?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:18:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MHIDPA] [#16]
Brookeshire Gunwerks in piney flats. Also Cover Your 6 Customs in JC (I do machine work for them).

I'm pretty sure that Shooters Edge closed a while ago.

ETA, they closed in 2018
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:09:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bansil] [#17]
Thanks

Wow time flies when you get old
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top