Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/29/2024 9:56:24 AM EDT

Gun permit costs would double in N.J. under Murphy's budget plan

Gov. Phil Murphy is once again asking New Jersey lawmakers to hike fees for firearms, counting on millions of dollars in revenue generated from costlier permits in his annual budget introduced this week.

It's a move the governor has tried before, though previous efforts failed due to state lawmakers' concerns over raising taxes and fees.

Murphy's Democratic allies in the state Legislature were mum on whether they would go along this time around, though they did pass legislation last year increasing handgun permit fees for the first time since the 1960s.
View Quote

link left cold

https://www.nj.com/politics/2024/02/gun-permit-costs-would-double-in-nj-under-murphys-budget-plan.html

Link Posted: 2/29/2024 1:10:10 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 2/29/2024 3:28:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheTallest] [#2]
And yet, the border invaders and inner city criminals will still be able to procure and carry their illegally obtained firearms with absolutely no penalty.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 4:26:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TheTallest:
And yet, the border invaders and inner city criminals will still be able to procure and carry their illegally obtained firearms with absolutely no penalty.
View Quote

Jeff Landry of Louisiana and 27 other state's governors have the right idea.

Link Posted: 2/29/2024 6:06:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Demeroma:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/93999/Opera_Snapshot_2024-02-28_233442_twitter-3145054.png
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Demeroma:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/93999/Opera_Snapshot_2024-02-28_233442_twitter-3145054.png

Won't ever happen in prnj. Trenton's heading for a total ban of a constitutional right by way of making your rights completely unaffordable.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 6:11:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Silly me, I thought the current $200 for a PTC was going to get challenged in court.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 6:52:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Won't ever happen in prnj. Trenton's heading for a total ban of a constitutional right by way of making your rights completely unaffordable.
View Quote
That's exactly what Trenton is doing and they want all in NJ to be slaves to pay taxes, fees, fines, etc. except for the their new constituents, the illegal aliens.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 7:01:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Whamo:
Silly me, I thought the current $200 for a PTC was going to get challenged in court.
View Quote
You thought right. The fees were challenged in the district court but that's currently on hold until the 3 judges make their decision on the appeal in the 3rd circuit. Judge Bumb in the district court won't be pleased about any increased fees once the cases get dropped back into her lap.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 4:26:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Murphy lol lol what a Patriot
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 8:15:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Devilish $666 Concealed Carry and Pistol Permit Fee Hike in NJ Governor's Proposed Budget.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 8:21:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Shocking: NJ Governor Targets Law-Abiding Gun Owners
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:45:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Why NJ Firearms Fees are Unconstitutional and Racist
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 5:18:37 PM EDT
[#12]
With fees this high way don't they just make a 1000 dollars a permit?  I mean what's to stop them?  The courts are worthless.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 12:52:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By 57man:
With fees this high way don't they just make a 1000 dollars a permit?  I mean what's to stop them?  The courts are worthless.
View Quote
What's to stop them? Not much right now. The courts aren't worthless but are basically the last resort and as you know they take their sweet time unless your name starts with a T and ends with a P.

What could've stopped and reversed this nonsense was electing a majority Republican legislature and a Republican governor to repeal these terrible laws. Then we wouldn't need the courts making any decisions for us.  

We had that chance this past November when the entire NJ legislature was up for grabs but most of the registered Republican voters didn't bother voting. I don't blame those who didn't vote but I do blame the NJ and national GOP for their horrible losing tactics. On the other hand, I despise the Democrat party but do admire their ability to organize, get their people out to vote and whether by hook or by crook, actually win. Something the GOP isn't willing or want to do.

On a positive note, if the fees do get raised then there's a very good chance that judge Bumb will rule them unconstitutional. That won't happen until the 3rd Circuit makes their decision on the sensitive places and sends the cases back down to Judge Bumb's court.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top