Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2023 8:35:22 AM EDT
Was at Sayreville Sportsmen and seen a sign that said… buy 5 boxes of ammo, pay cash and save 10% plus we pay the NICS charge.

Is it the same nics as buying a gun? Like I buy ammo and have to go back days later to pick it up? Like if I want ammo today to use at the range tonight? Hows that work? Sorry, aint bought pistol ammo in a long time.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 12:24:20 PM EDT
[#1]
As far as I am aware yes, but I haven't (and won't) buy ammo in NJ so i have not tried it out.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 12:31:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By MCM308:
Was at Sayreville Sportsmen and seen a sign that said  buy 5 boxes of ammo, pay cash and save 10% plus we pay the NICS charge.

Is it the same nics as buying a gun? Like I buy ammo and have to go back days later to pick it up? Like if I want ammo today to use at the range tonight? Hows that work? Sorry, aint bought pistol ammo in a long time.
View Quote

It's basically ammo registration. Unlike a regular NICS this will cost $1.50 per transaction. There shouldn't be any waiting period. Also, If you buy 2000 rounds at one time in NJ then the seller has to immediately notify the NJSP.  

Evan Nappen explained the new BS law here .

Link Posted: 12/22/2023 12:37:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KnuckleSandwich:
t I haven't (and won't) buy ammo in NJ so i have not tried it out.
View Quote

Me neither. Eff their database and $1.50 tax.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 7:18:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BSOG1] [#4]
nics for ammo lol lol
i havent bought ammo in nj in years. many years.
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 10:06:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By BSOG1:
nics for ammo lol lol
i havent bought ammo in nj in years. many years.
View Quote

Same, I'll travel and pay more for it if I have to
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 12:42:52 PM EDT
[#6]
So they have to check even for a box of 22lr that cost $5.00? LOL
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 10:24:02 PM EDT
[#7]
hell yea. fkkkkk them. they are out of control communists.

Originally Posted By bigford632:

Same, I'll travel and pay more for it if I have to
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/25/2023 1:56:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Is it legal to buy ammo at Cabela's in Christiana DE and bring it back home to NJ?
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 9:47:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Yes.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 1:40:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By ar4pete:
Is it legal to buy ammo at Cabela's in Christiana DE and bring it back home to NJ?
View Quote

Yes, the Nazis cannot prevent you from buying ammunition out of state.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 1:12:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Two stories I listened to today in a gun shop, I can’t confirm or disprove either. It would not surprise me at all if 100% truth.

Guy orders over 2000 rounds of handgun ammunition via the internet, the day of delivery the NJSP shows up and questions the individual. No arrest, just intimidating.

A security service instructor who does TSA, armed security etc ordered 4000 rounds of 9mm on the internet for training and was put on the no fly list.

Link Posted: 12/30/2023 10:26:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By cx4storm:
Two stories I listened to today in a gun shop, I can't confirm or disprove either. It would not surprise me at all if 100% truth.

Guy orders over 2000 rounds of handgun ammunition via the internet, the day of delivery the NJSP shows up and questions the individual. No arrest, just intimidating.

A security service instructor who does TSA, armed security etc ordered 4000 rounds of 9mm on the internet for training and was put on the no fly list.

View Quote
Perfectly legal to buy 2000 or 4000 or however many rounds you want in or out of state or online. But if questioned by authorities, don't agree to any search and invoke your 5th amendment rights and refuse to answer any questions without your attorney being present. In other words, shut the f*ck up!
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 9:13:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Two stories I listened to today in a gun shop, I can’t confirm or disprove either. It would not surprise me at all if 100% truth.

View Quote

If any of that is true, I'd find out where they bought it and not shop there. The only way for our fine NJ Stasi to get that info is if they are working with the seller.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 9:25:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Demeroma:
Perfectly legal to buy 2000 or 4000 or however many rounds you want in or out of state or online. But if questioned by authorities, don't agree to any search and invoke your 5th amendment rights and refuse to answer any questions without your attorney being present. In other words, shut the f*ck up!
View Quote

I don’t answer questions.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 9:31:13 AM EDT
[#15]

If any of that is true, I'd find out where they bought it and not shop there. The only way for our fine NJ Stasi to get that info is if they are working with the seller.
View Quote

Totally agree, I didn’t engage or comment about anything that was being said. My first thought was exactly that, someone dropped a dime
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 9:43:36 AM EDT
[#16]

View Quote
I wouldn't put it past NJ threatening an out of state seller with a bankrupting lawsuit unless they turn over a list of NJ buyers especially with them recently suing the PA gun show for advertising in NJ and the gun shop at the show for selling legal 80% pieces of polymer to NJ residents.

In a similar vein there's a thread in the NY HTF where supposedly someone from NY was denied an ammo purchase in PA. link
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 9:50:00 AM EDT
[#17]

Totally agree, I didn't engage or comment about anything that was being said. My first thought was exactly that, someone dropped a dime
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Totally agree, I didn't engage or comment about anything that was being said. My first thought was exactly that, someone dropped a dime

Yep and if true we'll eventually find out which shop or ammo vendor is supplying the info to our AG and his minions.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 7:39:55 AM EDT
[#18]

Yep and if true we'll eventually find out which shop or ammo vendor is supplying the info to our AG and his minions.
View Quote

Wondering if there is a possibility that the carrier (ups/FedEx) is the culprit.?
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 6:44:11 PM EDT
[#19]

Wondering if there is a possibility that the carrier (ups/FedEx) is the culprit.?
View Quote
Anything is possible but I've not had any surprises during any of the recent ammo deliveries to my house.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 10:23:00 PM EDT
[#20]
yes they are fuckin ratts. you can bet on it.
just buy smaller amounts. problem solved. some companys are double boxing now to be more discrete.

Anything is possible but I've not had any surprises during any of the recent ammo deliveries to my house.
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top