Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2023 2:14:30 PM EDT
Hope everyone here isn’t getting tired of me already with all of the RI questions. I am looking into membership at the Narragansett Gun Club but you must have a current member sponsor you. By chance is anyone a member there, or have recommendations of other ranges? I am primarily interested in their Sunday tactical shoots/training.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 2:30:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sgwlower] [#1]
I believe Anthony the owner of Ocean State Armory is a member there, you may want to reach out to him.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 2:52:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know anything about Narragansett but a lot of the clubs that require a member sponsor don't actually expect you to know anyone in advance. They usually just tell you to come to their membership meeting and introduce yourself as a prospective member then someone will most likely officially sponsor you.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 8:17:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks gents. Seems like that may be the case after reaching out to them.
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 10:13:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Prov is right.  I think if you explain you're new to the area someone will sponsor you on the spot. Although they might question your sanity for moving here....
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 5:29:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BBOHACH:
Thanks gents. Seems like that may be the case after reaching out to them.
View Quote

Current new-member there. Per bylaws, I have to be a member for 6 months to sponsor someone. The 6 month mark will be April for me, so if you dont have anyone by then, ill do it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 5:47:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Really appreciate that. I talked to John out there. He essentially said swing by to fill out some paperwork. I just unfortunately hadn't had the chance to, got sick for a week, but will hopefully be able to do so in the next week.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 6:26:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Gents, anywhere in RI that has longer range, preferably steel targets? Been going to Narragansett for a couple months which has been great but looking to do a little distance shooting and the furthest they have is 100 yards.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 6:00:59 AM EDT
[#8]
South county, ma vile, and the one is westerly have a 300. Wallum Lake, highland, wincheck have 200 yard ranges.

Wallum lake has 3 gun events in thier pistol pit area.

Highland has steel at 50 and 100.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 10:08:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: raf] [#9]
Tiverton Rod and Gun Club has a 200 yd outdoor range, and their indoor range IIRC is rated OK for most rifles, but it is pistol length range.

Virtual Tour
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top