Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2024 7:05:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Makarov]
Show opens at 1pm on Friday.

If you join or renew your VCDL membership, you can get into the show for free. You can skip the line also. Look for the VCDL table OUTSIDE before you get in line.

ETA- VCDL and YOUR INVOLVEMENT is more important than ever. With the Leftists taking control of the General Assembly last November (thanks to the HALF of Virginia gun owners who DIDN’T vote) more gun control is coming and we only have Governor Youngkin in office for 20 more months. I’m not sure Virginia will ever see a Republican Governor again, unless Virginia gun owners get involved in the process. Honestly, if you are not a VCDL member, you are part of the problem (just MY opinion, I don’t speak on behalf of the organization).  

https://vcdl.org/page/about
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:48:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Makarov:
Show opens at 1pm on Friday.

If you join or renew your VCDL membership, you can get into the show for free. You can skip the line also. Look for the VCDL table OUTSIDE before you get in line.

ETA- VCDL and YOUR INVOLVEMENT is more important than ever. With the Leftists taking control of the General Assembly last November (thanks to the HALF of Virginia gun owners who DIDN’T vote) more gun control is coming and we only have Governor Youngkin in office for 20 more months. I’m not sure Virginia will ever see a Republican Governor again, unless Virginia gun owners get involved in the process. Honestly, if you are not a VCDL member, you are part of the problem (just MY opinion, I don’t speak on behalf of the organization).  

https://vcdl.org/page/about
View Quote

VCDL does more for VA than the NRA,,,  

join,  
please

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 7:17:01 AM EDT
[#2]
My wife suggested we go, which
makes me suspicious.

What does she want in return?

Obligatory pic of chunky wife:

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 2:17:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Went to the show the morning.  Busy but not packed.  Decent prices on ammo, especially 9mm, compared to elsewhere.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 6:53:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I snuck out of work a bit early yesterday and got there around 2:00.
Renewed my VCDL membership outside and strolled right in, no line at all.
I window shopped ammo, the prices weren’t bad, just about on par with online stuff and amoseek.
In a related note, has anyone shot the cheap Turkish 9mm that seems to always be there?  At $200 a case it was tempting but couldn’t bring myself to commit.
My MO is to treat it like a movie, spend a couple hours browsing and people watching and then tap out.
I do always snag some pickles, and ended up getting a case of some CCI standard .22LR for $80.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 8:57:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Makarov] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By chipling:
I window shopped ammo, the prices weren’t bad, just about on par with online stuff and amoseek.
In a related note, has anyone shot the cheap Turkish 9mm that seems to always be there?  At $200 a case it was tempting but couldn’t bring myself to commit.
My MO is to treat it like a movie, spend a couple hours browsing and people watching and then tap out.
I do always snag some pickles, and ended up getting a case of some CCI standard .22LR for $80.
View Quote

I’m on my third case of the cheap Turk 9mm with no problems at all (one case of the brass and on my second case of the steel). However, I gave 50 rounds of the steel to a friend with a S&W Shield and he had four failures to extract in 50 rounds. Go figure

I was shooting a Gen3 G19 and a MAC10/Lage MAX31 SMG.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:02:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Dennis Todd has the new PMAG stainless steel Sig 320 mags. I don’t recall the price but people seemed to be excited about them.

Passed on another Winchester model 12 for $400 that I now regret.

Met a guy who had no idea the Leftists took control of the Virginia Assembly in January and that dozens of new gun control laws have been introduced. I asked him if he voted last November and all I got was a deer in the headlights stare.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 12:44:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 7:35:05 AM EDT
[#8]

I’m on my third case of the cheap Turk 9mm with no problems at all (one case of the brass and on my second case of the steel). However, I gave 50 rounds of the steel to a friend with a S&W Shield and he had four failures to extract in 50 rounds. Go figure

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Cool, good to know, thanks!
I’ve quit shooting steel case since the end of the ammo drought, so I may pick up some of the brass next time around.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 7:39:00 AM EDT
[#9]

I’ve quit shooting steel case since the end of the ammo drought, so I may pick up some of the brass next time around.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Maybe try a box or two first to make sure it works in YOUR gun.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 5:50:42 PM EDT
[#10]

Maybe try a box or two first to make sure it works in YOUR gun.
View Quote

Solid point sir 👍🏼
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top