Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2023 10:22:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 77Bronc]
I am looking for an old ad or paper that has the original Richards Ford script for the name.  The original Richards Ford on Florida Blvd spelled the name in script and the same script was used for the chrome emblems they put on the back of the vehicles sold at the dealership.  I am not looking for the Hollingsworth Richards Ford emblem

I just finished the overhaul of my 77 Ford Bronco and it was purchased at Richards Ford in May of 1977 and I want to have a vinyl emblem made with the original Richards Ford script

If anyone can help, will be greatly appreciated

Will put the emblem on the tail gate

Link Posted: 5/10/2023 10:07:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you a member on tigerdroppings? They could probably dig that up.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 5:22:06 PM EDT
[#2]
@Captain_Morgan

Very good idea, I will look them up and post

Thanks,

Richard
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 10:10:31 PM EDT
[#3]
There is a Facebook group called “Old Images of Baton Rouge”. There are some folks on there that might be able to come through for you.
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 3:02:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By alpha0815:
There is a Facebook group called “Old Images of Baton Rouge”. There are some folks on there that might be able to come through for you.
View Quote

@alpha0815

Thanks I will look into that.  My dad is still in Denham Springs and I have him looking also.  

Thanks again

Link Posted: 6/1/2023 8:13:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I remember Richard's Ford. They also had a Honda dealership on Florida between the Bon Marche and Cortana Malls.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 4:26:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 77Bronc] [#6]
Nine month update after initial post.  

The “Richard’s” Ford emblem I was looking for is this one, as seen in a picture on my 1982 Bronco

As noted in my original post my 1977 Bronco was purchased by the original owner at Richard’s Ford, on 7/7/77…

To my surprise, my good forum buddy @raverill contacted me a few weeks ago and said he may have access to an original Richard’s badging. And man did he come through for me.  Raverill sent this to me this week

It is taped on for the picture until I figure out the final location.  I still not have decided if I am going to get a vinyl sticker made in black, the color scheme of the Bronco is red and black or put the chrome badge on.  My dad says to put to put the chrome badge on and so does my wife….

This made my Bronco build.  Many thanks to raverill

77Bronc

BTW my first name is Richard….
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 6:32:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top