Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2024 3:05:15 PM EDT
I've seen a few trucks in Cookeville where this new law will have an impact.

https://publications.tnsosfiles.com/acts/113/pub/pc0541.pdf

Takes effect July 1st.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 6:07:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 6:56:07 PM EDT
[#2]
What amazes me and pisses me off is stock 1/2 ton trucks can't haul a damn bass boat without squatting and blinding me
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 9:22:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Stupid law. They can’t even enforce people driving with the old tags that are expired in 2021…
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 3:47:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Amped:
Stupid law. They can't even enforce people driving with the old tags that are expired in 2021
View Quote
Ha, no kidding before I got hit in my truck and totalled it I would renew my tag and not put the sticker on.  I had around 7 renewals hanging out in my console.  I never once got pulled over for an expired tag.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 5:38:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Spaceboy:
Ha, no kidding before I got hit in my truck and totalled it I would renew my tag and not put the sticker on.  I had around 7 renewals hanging out in my console.  I never once got pulled over for an expired tag.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Stupid law. They can't even enforce people driving with the old tags that are expired in 2021

Before Nashville quit requiring emissions testing, there was a year that I made a few attempts at going by the testing center and the line was out to the street each time.  It eventually slipped my mind, until many months later when a coworker pointed out my expired plates.  Took some more time to manage to hit the testing center when there wasn't a ridiculous line, and when I got to the county clerk's office it was close enough to the next year that I was able to pay the registration fee for the year that was about to be finished and also go ahead and pay for the next year (they only gave me the one sticker for the next year, though).  

The coworker hadn't stopped with the one time of pointing out my expired plate.  It eventually got to the point that a person could suspect that the coworker thought this was a more important issue than a combination of the issues of world hunger, global warming, and the date his girlfriend's next period was supposed to start.  So, I did the only polite thing I could do and adopted a personal policy of getting the plate renewed on time each year, but not putting the new sticker on the plate until six months or so after the old sticker expired.  It would have been rude of me to expect him to search for something new to gripe about, and this is made all the more clear by how much worse his mood generally is when it takes him longer than usual to find something to gripe about.

Unfortunately, the change to the current plate color had me more concerned about this personal policy, and I put the new plate on the Jeep only a few months or so after the old plate expired.  Still didn't get stopped for having an expired plate on the back, though.

Only time I can ever remember a cop mentioning an expired plate, was way back when I was in college, when a campus cop pulled me over as I was leaving campus to tell me I had an expired plate.  I gave him a confused look and told him I was certain I had renewed it.  I got out, looked at the plate and saw the expired sticker on the plate, commented that it couldn't be right, since I remembered paying for the renewal, then went back to the front and got the envelope out of the glove box (nowadays, I would expect Nashville cops to have me proned out on the pavement for moving around this much during a traffic stop).  The new sticker was stapled to the registration paperwork and the envelope had water stains on it.  That finally triggered my memory.  "Ah, it was raining when I got the envelope out of the mailbox, so I tossed it in the glovebox and planned to put the sticker on after it quit raining but apparently forgot about it."  I let the campus cop confirm that the registration paperwork matched the plate and the car, then I put the sticker on the plate with him watching, and I was on my way.

A person could get the impression that they just don't care (other than the campus cops, anyway).
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 7:13:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By JPN:

Before Nashville quit requiring emissions testing, there was a year that I made a few attempts at going by the testing center and the line was out to the street each time.  It eventually slipped my mind, until many months later when a coworker pointed out my expired plates.  Took some more time to manage to hit the testing center when there wasn't a ridiculous line, and when I got to the county clerk's office it was close enough to the next year that I was able to pay the registration fee for the year that was about to be finished and also go ahead and pay for the next year (they only gave me the one sticker for the next year, though).  

The coworker hadn't stopped with the one time of pointing out my expired plate.  It eventually got to the point that a person could suspect that the coworker thought this was a more important issue than a combination of the issues of world hunger, global warming, and the date his girlfriend's next period was supposed to start.  So, I did the only polite thing I could do and adopted a personal policy of getting the plate renewed on time each year, but not putting the new sticker on the plate until six months or so after the old sticker expired.  It would have been rude of me to expect him to search for something new to gripe about, and this is made all the more clear by how much worse his mood generally is when it takes him longer than usual to find something to gripe about.

Unfortunately, the change to the current plate color had me more concerned about this personal policy, and I put the new plate on the Jeep only a few months or so after the old plate expired.  Still didn't get stopped for having an expired plate on the back, though.

Only time I can ever remember a cop mentioning an expired plate, was way back when I was in college, when a campus cop pulled me over as I was leaving campus to tell me I had an expired plate.  I gave him a confused look and told him I was certain I had renewed it.  I got out, looked at the plate and saw the expired sticker on the plate, commented that it couldn't be right, since I remembered paying for the renewal, then went back to the front and got the envelope out of the glove box (nowadays, I would expect Nashville cops to have me proned out on the pavement for moving around this much during a traffic stop).  The new sticker was stapled to the registration paperwork and the envelope had water stains on it.  That finally triggered my memory.  "Ah, it was raining when I got the envelope out of the mailbox, so I tossed it in the glovebox and planned to put the sticker on after it quit raining but apparently forgot about it."  I let the campus cop confirm that the registration paperwork matched the plate and the car, then I put the sticker on the plate with him watching, and I was on my way.

A person could get the impression that they just don't care (other than the campus cops, anyway).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JPN:

Meh, I’ve thought about being like GA. “Tag applied for”.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 7:14:36 AM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

I'm sitting on 1 currently.  I need to pump those numbers up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top