User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2023 10:23:36 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 9:56:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 2:41:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Still family owed.  I believe Todd and Greg Vance run the company currently.  Their father started the business from a grocery store in Columbus.
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 6:49:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ZW17:
It’s amazing to see how big they have gotten over the last decade.

Who owns them? Is it one person, investor group, or other?
View Quote

They are employee owned now, Todd is the CEO currently
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 6:52:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DigitalChaos] [#4]
Originally Posted By Slingblade2006:
Still family owed.  I believe Todd and Greg Vance run the company currently.  Their father started the business from a grocery store in Columbus.
View Quote

Not being a dick,,   Rich who is Todds father Rich's Father started the company. so that would be todds Grandfather

FYI in case you don't know, Sportsman Outdoor superstore is also Vances
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 7:37:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 11:58:17 AM EDT
[#6]
their spreading too thin.  they cant keep the stores they have now fully stocked
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 4:31:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Delta_666:
their spreading too thin.  they cant keep the stores they have now fully stocked
View Quote
or good customer service skills, and prices are high - got to pay for all that overhead.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 10:21:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I like to hit the 20%,off used guns sale they usually have once or twice a year.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 7:49:13 PM EDT
[#9]
If they are opening in Springdale, they better hire lots of security. Lots of "shrinkage" over there...
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 7:46:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Which location usually has the best selection?
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 8:23:38 PM EDT
[#11]
I think the Obetz store has the best selection in guns, ammo, accessories, well everything.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 10:40:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 11:26:57 PM EDT
[#13]
I think the Hebron store is nicer, less crowded, and not as sold out at the Obetz store.

I frequent both about once a month, sometimes more around hunting seasons.

We are fortunate to have such a power buyer in our area.
View Quote

You're right, Hebron is very nice.  I've only been there once.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 7:33:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Grand Opening Celebration 4/2 - 4/14

https://www.vanceoutdoors.com/stores/springdale-ohio/grandopening/

VANCE OUTDOORS: SPRINGDALE

11380 PRINCETON PIKE , SPRINGDALE, OHIO, 45246

We cordially invite you to join us for the grand opening of our latest hunting/outdoor in the Cincinnati Area. The Vance Outdoors Springdale Grand Opening Sales Event is scheduled to take place from April 2nd to April 14th.

During this exclusive event, we will be offering special in-store only deals, featuring unbeatable pricing on a vast selection of outdoor products.

In addition to these amazing offers, we are delighted to announce a special giveaway, with a plethora of enticing items up for grabs. Please note that sign-ups for the giveaway will only be available in-store.

GRAND OPENING FLYER

These deals are valid in-store at our Springdale store only from April 2 - April 14. No layaways, rainchecks, special orders, or refunds on previous purchases.

https://player.flipsnack.com/?hash=Q0RDOEJEQ0M1QTgrems5d2k4OXh1Mw==
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 9:02:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hkusp] [#15]
Remington STS Trap Shells, $16.99. Out of Stock at Springdale. Price is too high anyways. $11.49 at Buds Gun Shop.

Link Posted: 4/3/2024 12:05:24 PM EDT
[#16]
I only go to Vances for blue label purchases. Otherwise, they're crazy prices, and I hate driving to Columbus anyway lol

Yes - Obetz is Columbus to me. Anything close 270 is Columbus.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 5:36:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:18:55 AM EDT
[#18]

Their prices aren’t bad for a brick and mortar store.

Besides, who hasn’t woken up on a Saturday morning and said, “I think I’ll go to Vance’s and buy a gun, because I can”?

They are irreplaceable when you need to scratch an itch.
View Quote

I haven't, mostly because I live in NW OH and Vance's is a minimum of two hours away.

If I'm driving 2+ hours on something gun related in OH, I'm probably going to AIM instead.

For me, you'd replace "Vance's" with "Fin, Feather, and Fur" in the above statement. Sometimes "Commercial Row" if the Matches are going on.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 10:02:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Ordering anything from their Lebanon is nearly impossible. Maybe we’ll get a Bud’s next.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top