Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2024 4:45:16 PM EDT
Hey guys, been lurking for many (15ish) years and finally decided to chime in occasionally. NW Iowa here, great lakes region. I dont get to shoot as much anymore, busy with life and our local range makes me want to wear full body armor. But still enjoy building and playing with 2a things. Teaching my son about it and fishing, you all know how life gets busy. Anyway, hello from a sorta new guy.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 5:21:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 10:18:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome aboard Grid!
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 8:18:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 10:43:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Welcome!  It's good to have you.  That's a long time to hang in the shadows.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 8:08:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 8:35:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Welcome.
I'm another northwest Iowa guy(originally).
I grew up 11 miles south of Emmetsburg.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 11:59:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ChupacabraSAR] [#7]
15 years lurking!? Geeze. Glad you made it. Any recommendations for an Okoboji fishing guide?

ETA, you responded to my other thread. Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 6:51:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bnz42:
Welcome.
I'm another northwest Iowa guy(originally).
I grew up 11 miles south of Emmetsburg.
View Quote

Town named after a particular flying animal Im guessing? I'm about 12 miles west of Eburg.

I've learned a ton on this site, tried to sign up before but had email issues. Then I'd get busy. I watch GD quite often, news stories and purse swingin you just cant get anywhere else!!
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 7:30:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: shack357] [#9]
Welcome. I'm about as close to the east edge as you are to the west but there's a beer or a bourbon waiting any time you want to meet up.

Or a meal if you don't drink.

ETA-and GD has ruined or eliminated a lot of good members.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:10:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By shack357:
Welcome. I'm about as close to the east edge as you are to the west but there's a beer or a bourbon waiting any time you want to meet up.

View Quote

I prefer the eastern and southern parts of the state. I've lived in Iowa my entire life, born in Grinnell, then to Eagle Grove, Monticello, Shenandoah, then awhile in Spencer. Moved just outside of Cedar Rapids when my now wife was going to college there, stayed about 7-8 years before moving back to the NW corner to be closer to family. I miss the Iowa River Corridor. We have taken a couple getaways to east/northeast Iowa and it is beautiful. If I get back that way I'll let you know!

Oh and I miss doing the Big Dawg shoot, last time I went was after they moved it to West Liberty. I was nervous about going last time as the mrs was 8.5 months pregnant!
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:23:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Grid556:

I prefer the eastern and southern parts of the state. I've lived in Iowa my entire life, born in Grinnell, then to Eagle Grove, Monticello, Shenandoah, then awhile in Spencer. Moved just outside of Cedar Rapids when my now wife was going to college there, stayed about 7-8 years before moving back to the NW corner to be closer to family. I miss the Iowa River Corridor. We have taken a couple getaways to east/northeast Iowa and it is beautiful. If I get back that way I'll let you know!

Oh and I miss doing the Big Dawg shoot, last time I went was after they moved it to West Liberty. I was nervous about going last time as the mrs was 8.5 months pregnant!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I do a lot of hiking in the Yellow River/Effigy Mounds area. Great place to spend the day outside.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:07:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Spring run isn't so bad.  Just ask the people out there to behave while you are there.  If you find yourself out in sioux city area hit me up I have a back yard range you and your kiddo can hit up.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:05:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By cwar_USA:
Spring run isn't so bad.  Just ask the people out there to behave while you are there.  If you find yourself out in sioux city area hit me up I have a back yard range you and your kiddo can hit up.
View Quote

I appreciate that! Will keep it in mind should I find myself that way. Nice to see theres a good community on here. I was a little worried I'd just get the "welcome fellow firearms enthusiast" after lurking for so long!
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:58:47 PM EDT
[#14]

I appreciate that! Will keep it in mind should I find myself that way. Nice to see theres a good community on here. I was a little worried I'd just get the "welcome fellow firearms enthusiast" after lurking for so long!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cwar_USA:

You'll get that in GD, we're nicer here, at least until we know whether or not you put beand in chili and how you lile your steak.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 7:59:50 PM EDT
[#15]

You'll get that in GD, we're nicer here, at least until we know whether or not you put beand in chili and how you lile your steak.
View Quote

Steaks over medium rare are wrong... dont care how much ketchup you put on it. Also I put beans in chili. Well actually my wife puts beans in chili. I am not a bean fan but ok with it. Other than that the only beans I will eat is garden fresh green beans. Put canned green beans on my plate and they will still be exactly as plated until they slide into the garbage disposal. Now fresh picked and pickled green beans will disappear, and go mighty nice in a bloody mary! Spicy pickled of course with jalapeno and garlic. I need to go work on my garden....
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top