Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2023 5:43:50 PM EDT
Did the previous rangemaster quit?  That would mean we'd have to train a new guy that he doesn't need to summon law enforcement if someone can't produce their NFA paperwork if he thinks your barrel is too short.

Link below says it's now reopened:
https://www.washoecounty.gov/parks/specialty_facilities/regional_shooting_facility.php
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 12:20:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I think they have funding issues but I have no idea if that's why they were closed.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 2:42:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Range staff retired and it took them a bit to find, hire, and train new folks was what I was told.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 1:48:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah…’no one wants to work’ for what they pay Range Safety Officers. No staff means no open range.  Carson city range has staff last I checked.  Nice range too. Comparable to Washoe I’d say.
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 4:19:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I hate to tell you guys this, Winnemucca's range does not have a range master or even a gate, just a cattle guard, some nice pistol bays, two trap throwers, 100 yd range and a newly completed 1,000 yd range.
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 4:54:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MobileHomie:
I hate to tell you guys this, Winnemucca's range does not have a range master or even a gate, just a cattle guard, some nice pistol bays, two trap throwers, 100 yd range and a newly completed 1,000 yd range.
View Quote

Yeah but it's in Winnemucca
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 8:08:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:

Yeah but it's in Winnemucca
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top