Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2024 9:00:54 AM EDT
Happy New Year, Volunteers.

I’m thinking about planning a trip to Tennessee this spring to meet up with my brother and ride side by sides and four wheelers.

We have done this before here:

Wolf Pen Gap

and it was amazing.  Is there a recommended place for something like this?
Basically looking for a state park with lots of off road trails that had some infrastructure nearby.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 9:50:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 10:42:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Sure.

Have you been there? If so, how is it?
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 12:22:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I’ve been there many years ago before it started. I used to grouse hunt on that property.

As for off road stuff, UTV’s, etc., that’s not my bag. However, from what I’ve heard and as many as I see going through the area to go there, it appears to be very popular. Perhaps someone else that does/goes there can chime in.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 1:51:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you. I’ll put this at the top of the list.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 3:06:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Go to YouTube. There are LOTS of videos of this place.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 7:26:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Finslayer83] [#6]
Windrock is the biggest in the state, 90k acres IIRC.

Everything from mild to full send buggies on 44's trails. It's the only OHV area where I've seen numerous cross markers from fatalities, going up and down the mountain is no freaking joke, notably in poor weather. Been several times, it is a good ride.

If you want state park trails:
- Prentice Cooper
- Franklin St. Forest
- Land Between the Lakes

Windrock access "loop" to the N.E. of the turbines, welcome to the Appalachian Rainforest

ATR trip

Franklin St. Forest

Killer powerline trail there.

Link Posted: 2/22/2024 8:35:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I thought Franklin got shut down. Did it reopen?
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 11:37:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By paranoidredneck:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By paranoidredneck:

https://www.tn.gov/agriculture/forests/state-forests/franklin.html

Effective February 1 thru 15, 2024, Sweden’s Cove Road and Turkey Hunter’s Road on Franklin State Forest are temporarily restricted to non-motorized traffic due to wet weather conditions.

Gates are closed and locked during this timeframe to restrict motorized traffic and are expected to reopen Thursday, February 15 at 8:00 A.M. Central Time.

This action is necessary to prevent damage to the natural resource and protect the safety of visitors.

and going back further

Following months of restoration of damaged roads and trails in Franklin State Forest, the Forest will re-open three roads to motorized vehicles on Jan. 4, 2024.

In March of 2023, the Tennessee Department of Agriculture Division of Forestry instituted temporary restrictions to assess the damage caused by off-road vehicles driven in restricted areas. This practice jeopardized the health of the forest and the safety and welfare of visitors.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 6:03:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Merlin] [#9]
Anyone know anything about Adventure Off-Road Park NW of South Pittsburgh and Kimball just west of I-24?    https://www.adventureoffroadpark.com/

The Adventure Off Road Park and Nature Center consists of more than 500 acres of land, with over 120 off road trails rated from mild to extreme.

One HUGE downer from the Rules page:  

6. Firearms are STRICTLY prohibited within the park. NO HUNTING IS ALLOWED.

Link Posted: 2/28/2024 6:11:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By JPN:

https://www.tn.gov/agriculture/forests/state-forests/franklin.html

and going back further

View Quote

Franklin State Forest Recreation Use Map portrays allowable transportation activities by trails and roads for hiking (foot traffic only), non-motorized (hiking, biking, horseback riding), and motorized traffic.

Hiking trails (foot traffic only) represent 30.7 miles of activity
Non-motorized (hiking, biking, horseback) represent 11.5 miles of activity
Motorized use is designated on 6.1 miles of unpaved forest roads.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top