Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2023 7:55:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MethaneMover]
I'm looking for a book or books about the Oklahoma ecosystem.  Ideally I'd find one or two that had pics and descriptions of animals, plants, trees, etc so that I could use it as a field reference to ID different species.

Has anyone seen something like this that they liked?  Google has results, but I prefer y'alls opinion.
Link Posted: 11/1/2023 7:07:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Being a wildlife major we didn’t really have Oklahoma specific guide books. I kept both my fisheries and mammalogy books. I don’t remember who the authors were. Botany I had an Oklahoma specific text book but it got loaned out and never returned. It was authored by Connie Taylor and her husband. I don’t know if the Forest Service still offers field guides but they used to have some pretty good ones that we would hand out in the real estate business along with their maps. Aldo Leupold’s book was my favorite one but it also got loaned out to not return. Plus it’s been twenty five years since I graduated college and surely the taxonomy books have changed and improved since then. You might check with your local NRCS office and see what they have to offer along with the Forest Service.
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 9:36:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sparkyD:
You might check with your local NRCS office and see what they have to offer along with the Forest Service.
View Quote
That is a great idea, thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top