Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2023 3:39:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sgwlower]
Thoughts…much better job from our side. The lawyer was clear, concise and factual.

Unfortunately I only believe 1 of the 4 judges is on our side….that being said the right questions were asked by others. I still fee to much emotion was in there thought process.

Starts at 57 minutes

[youtube]https://m.youtube.com/live/2q78ChYe6TA?si=hLq4faHT5fL8kSx5[/youtube]
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 8:49:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: raf] [#1]
Unfortunately, the link is not working.

IIRC, some of the other Mag ban cases are further along than is the RI case, so it is likely the other cases will go to SCOTUS sooner.

Same is true for "assault rifle" bans, I believe.

I certainly do hope "our" attorneys read recent ruling by Judge Benitez and incorporated aspects of it into the RI case.
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 11:54:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 4:02:40 PM EDT
[#3]
They were well done…god I wish the Benitez decision had been made before these arguments were made
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 6:02:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raf] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sgwlower:
They were well done god I wish the Benitez decision had been made before these arguments were made
View Quote
Benitez decision will be used in successive Fed cases in CA (perhaps elsewhere), which cases are much more "advanced" in the legal system than is RI case.

It's certain that some "inferior" courts are doing their utmost to slow-walk such 2A cases in order to prevent SCOTUS from slapping down their deliberately mistaken judgments re; Heller and Bruen SCOTUS decisions.  

I think it's simple enough.  Antis are hoping for any Pro-2A SCOTUS Justice to resign or die and allow Biden to appoint an anti-2A Justice.

No legal expert, but it seems that SCOTUS is very reluctant to "reach down" into the workings of inferior courts.  IOW, SCOTUS very seldom considers cases that have not "fully matured".  IOW, the "inferior courts", in this case the various Fed District Courts of Appeal, must have rendered a final decision.

That said, and despite the deliberate slowness of the various Fed District Courts of Appeal, it is likely that some cases will eventually "ripen" to the point where SCOTUS may consider taking the cases on.  Time--and the facts-- are on our side, given the current make-up of SCOTUS.  We can only be patient and hope the composition of SCOTUS does not change in the meantime.

Link Posted: 1/26/2024 7:54:40 PM EDT
[#5]
So it's been over a year now.....anything new?
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 11:28:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BriansM4:
So it's been over a year now.....anything new?
View Quote

It’s only been 4 months since the appeal was heard…as far as I know nothing has been heard
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 10:28:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Consensus is that most appeals courts are deliberately slow-walking these appeals for a number of reasons, not least of which is a "hope" that the composition of SCOTUS will change in the near future.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top