Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/22/2023 11:55:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BigPapaColt]
Is a fucking Rino
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 5:23:52 PM EDT
[#1]
It took you this long to figure that out?
Most knew that before the elections took place but it was the lesser of 2 evils.
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 11:06:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By BigPapaColt:
Is a fucking Rino
View Quote

Maybe but he is a lot better than that fuck-stick Sisolek.
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 3:05:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By BigPapaColt:
Is a fucking Rino
View Quote

cuck af too. glad you finally just now realized this.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 1:20:07 AM EDT
[#4]
What has he accomplished for conservative values since he started? Mmmmmmmnothing.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 6:32:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CavScout:
What has he accomplished for conservative values since he started? Mmmmmmmnothing.
View Quote

He blocked democrat gun control...
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 8:32:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By FlyingIllini:

View Quote

He did, and frankly that’s all I was expecting/hoping for given the blue control of the state. He also came out against any more of the mask mandate bullshit when they started agitating about that again.

He has no ability to pass any legislation advancing shit, there’s no red majority in the legislature that would enable any such efforts.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 5:34:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By 1337-G:

He did, and frankly that’s all I was expecting/hoping for given the blue control of the state. He also came out against any more of the mask mandate bullshit when they started agitating about that again.

He has no ability to pass any legislation advancing shit, there’s no red majority in the legislature that would enable any such efforts.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 1337-G:

Correct, there is nothing he can do except block leftist bullshit from our Cali-infested legislature.

If he just does that, I am a huge fucking fan.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 8:58:18 AM EDT
[#8]

View Quote

He also kept the background check law the way it was. At least the last Governor was able to change the wording while in office.  Amazing how little power this one seems to have.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 10:33:16 AM EDT
[#9]

Correct, there is nothing he can do except block leftist bullshit from our Cali-infested legislature.

If he just does that, I am a huge fucking fan.
View Quote

this entire fucking state  is cali INFESTED.  clark co has it worse but fuck washoe county had 60k of those parasites here this year alone. Reno is a shithole now, the "cali" gun bros and ghetto cave  dwellers dumping shit in the desert, the list goes on. 4 out of 5 Lic plates now are all cALI.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 10:29:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By 47hooker:

this entire fucking state  is cali INFESTED.  clark co has it worse but fuck washoe county had 60k of those parasites here this year alone. Reno is a shithole now, the "cali" gun bros and ghetto cave  dwellers dumping shit in the desert, the list goes on. 4 out of 5 Lic plates now are all cALI.
View Quote

Nevada’s have been dumping shit in the desert for decades.  This isn’t unique to California. Nevada isn’t this great community where everyone is awesome.  Waste management makes it annoyingly inconvenient to get rid of things.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 10:45:33 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote
Where may I find an up-to-date list of commonly accepted conservative values?

I ask this sincerely.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:04:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By durtychemist:

Nevada’s have been dumping shit in the desert for decades.  This isn’t unique to California. Nevada isn’t this great community where everyone is awesome.  Waste management makes it annoyingly inconvenient to get rid of things.
View Quote

Oh, come on..you guys aren't all bad
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 11:40:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By PvtCowboy:

I ask this sincerely.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PvtCowboy:

I ask this sincerely.

Note I did not say Republican values. There is a difference and finding them is not difficult, don’t be lazy.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 2:31:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Right. That's in line the answers I've been getting elsewhere.  Means whatever people want it to mean so naturally they're loathe to define it.

Cute trick, really.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 4:31:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NN300BLK] [#15]
Lombardo has done a great job so far. He vetoed the gun control bills and worked with the legislature to reach a compromise on his education bill. He recently brought up the fact he was only able to veto bills that he disagreed with because the Democrats lack a supermajority in the State Senate (they were one seat shy of it in 2023) and he is actively endorsing candidates in the hopes of preventing a supermajority in both chambers next session.

Nevada is a swing state with a large block of independents and it seems like a moderate platform wins here.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 2:37:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Until the GOP in Nevada pulls its head out of its ass and offers candidates who are not fucking idiots, be happy we have Lombardo.  And please explain, in detail, exactly HOW Lombardo, with a democrat controlled legislature, will be able to do ANYTHING other than veto democrat legislation?  You do understand if the GOP loses one seat, ONE fucking seat, in November in the state Senate we are fucked, right?  Maybe start holding the GOP, especially in Clark County, accountable for their fuckups, first?
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 2:06:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Pavelow90:
Until the GOP in Nevada pulls its head out of its ass and offers candidates who are not fucking idiots, be happy we have Lombardo.  And please explain, in detail, exactly HOW Lombardo, with a democrat controlled legislature, will be able to do ANYTHING other than veto democrat legislation?  You do understand if the GOP loses one seat, ONE fucking seat, in November in the state Senate we are fucked, right?  Maybe start holding the GOP, especially in Clark County, accountable for their fuckups, first?
View Quote

What happens if they lose one seat? The Dems control both houses now, right?
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 4:03:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By simple06:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By simple06:

Here's my post from above, please read the RGJ article that I linked.

Originally Posted By NN300BLK:
Lombardo has done a great job so far. He vetoed the gun control bills and worked with the legislature to reach a compromise on his education bill. He recently brought up the fact he was only able to veto bills that he disagreed with because the Democrats lack a supermajority in the State Senate (they were one seat shy of it in 2023) and he is actively endorsing candidates in the hopes of preventing a supermajority in both chambers next session.

Nevada is a swing state with a large block of independents and it seems like a moderate platform wins here.

TLDR:

So, basically, the RGJ article explains that in 2023 there was a Democratic supermajority in the Assembly (28 seats) and they had 13 seats in the State Senate (14 are required for a supermajority); supermajorities are required to overturn a Governor's veto.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 4:43:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By NN300BLK:

Here's my post from above, please read the RGJ article that I linked.

TLDR:

So, basically, the RGJ article explains that in 2023 there was a Democratic supermajority in the Assembly (28 seats) and they had 13 seats in the State Senate (14 are required for a supermajority); supermajorities are required to overturn a Governor's veto.
View Quote

Oh, shit. Thanks.

Yeah, just as the Nevada legislature was controlled by the dems in both houses and the governor just a short time ago. All 7 of the Clark County commissioners are democrats.

I wonder how rare numbers like these would have been in the past?  Thanks again, California.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 7:31:08 PM EDT
[#20]
FiveThirtyEight has an article talking about how they believe the redistricting process will affect the competitiveness of Nevada's legislature. Here's a link: Nathaniel Rakich, Aaron Bycoffe and Ryan Best, How Redistricting Affects The Battle For State Legislatures, FiveThirtyEight, published APR. 5, 2022, AT 6:00 AM.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 11:30:48 PM EDT
[#21]

He also kept the background check law the way it was. At least the last Governor was able to change the wording while in office.  Amazing how little power this one seems to have.
View Quote

Tell us you don't know the process of legislation without saying you don't know the process

It was a bill that changed the law. The governor can introduce bills like any other legislator.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 10:25:25 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

What is amazing is how much power the last one had.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:03:48 AM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

THIS

Lombardo is no champion for gun rights, but he has held the line and vetoed the lib-tard gun control crap when it hit his desk.

Im really hoping he can somehow overcome the Michael McDonald / Nevada GOP shitshow that can't field electable candidates at the state level because we are one state Senate seat from total disaster.
Michael McDonald will find a way to lose in 2024 even with all the Biden hate right now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top