Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2024 6:56:29 PM EDT
My friend's family just sold their property near Lake Chelan and that means I need to find a new place to shoot more than 25 yards. I've been shooting there for 35 years and know nothing about local ranges.

100- and 200-yard ranges would fill most of my needs but if I can find a pace that goes to 400, so much the better. The humiliation that comes from me trying to shoot at 400 yards is good for keeping me humble.

If there's a place in a national forest with an unsupervised pit/berm range, that would work too. I'm retired, so I can go shoot when most people are at work. Crowded unsupervised ranges scare the doo-doo out of me. Years ago, that was all I used but I saw so much crazy stuff, I don't want anything to do with those types of crowds again. Something that's not used much in the morning on a weekday would work great.

Thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 10:36:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Kenmore gun range?

100yd range, and if you become a member I think 200-300yd ranges are available?

I’ve only been there 2-3 times in 25 years though. 🤷‍♂️
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:05:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Poppaduc] [#2]
If it’s not too far, I really like the Snoqualmie Valley Rifle Club near the Falls. It has a 200 yd range with a gong. But no steel targets are allowed, the property is leased from Weyerhauser.
It isn’t staffed, as a member you get the combo for the gate lock.
http://www.svrifle.org/
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:38:35 PM EDT
[#3]
The unfortunately named Seattle Rifle and Pistol Association is where you seek.  Machias WA.

They offer just about everything you could want in a Fudd* range including monthly 500 yard shoots.  

* Further, use of rifles and handguns for tactical-type shooting activities on the range is not in accordance with existing range rules, as would also be the use of non-bullseye, tactical type targets. Our insurance coverage specifically excludes the type of tactical training activity proposed.
The range rules encourage single round loading when feasible, and a 2 second pause between shots, except for established matches and competitions.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 2:56:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By gunnut003:
Kenmore gun range?

100yd range, and if you become a member I think 200-300yd ranges are available?

I've only been there 2-3 times in 25 years though.
View Quote
Garbage range...unless something changed.

For the longest time you could only load 3 rounds in a magazine. I think they upped it to ten though.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:35:02 PM EDT
[#5]
It was one round at a time last I cared, over a decade ago
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 7:51:30 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

For the longest time you could only load 3 rounds in a magazine. I think they upped it to ten though.

Kenmore used to be Fudd central. There’s still Fudds there but the rules have gotten a lot better for members. 200 and 300 yard rifle and they also have steel gongs if you desire. Load your mags up. No rapid fire though.

Pistol range, if you are a member, you can rapid fire during non-public hours. They also have steel and you can use silhouette targets now.

So, it’s not near as bad as it used to be.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:03:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By FightingMajor:

Kenmore used to be Fudd central. There’s still Fudds there but the rules have gotten a lot better for members. 200 and 300 yard rifle and they also have steel gongs if you desire. Load your mags up. No rapid fire though.

Pistol range, if you are a member, you can rapid fire during non-public hours. They also have steel and you can use silhouette targets now.

View All Quotes

No, it’s definitely not. Been a member almost 4 years now and it’s a far cry from how it used to be. It’s literally 7 min from home and with that and Securite’ Gun Club in the opposite direction, I am literally geographically bookended by some really good options.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:19:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gunnut003] [#8]
Originally Posted By PACorps:

No, it’s definitely not. Been a member almost 4 years now and it’s a far cry from how it used to be. It’s literally 7 min from home and with that and Securite’ Gun Club in the opposite direction, I am literally geographically bookended by some really good options.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PACorps:

It’s good to hear the rules there are more sane now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top