Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2024 12:36:05 AM EDT
A SUPREME COURT RULES: Shoot in Backyard?! Supreme Court of Pennsylvania Rules, Lessons Learned

Even if you have created a safe range on your own property the township can pass an ordinance to prohibit you from shooting on it.

Many of you already live under one of these ordinances, but you wouldn't expect that to happen out in a rural area.

If any of you belonged to SCCSF&A in early 2000 you'll know that even a range that's been around since circa 1920 is not safe from township supervisors and a liberal judge (and miserable horse owners)

I was expecting to move back to PA next year but it looks like they will keep giving me reasons not to. Losing the PA SC to the Dems is the beginnings of lawfare in PA.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:40:59 AM EDT
[#1]
WTFF!
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:00:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes I remember this at SCCSFA and I'm still a member.  To be fair, I have lived in several states ranging from New England to the South, and this was an issue in each place.

Link Posted: 3/31/2024 5:26:38 PM EDT
[#3]
My family always shot on their own properties.

WTF PA?!
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 10:17:13 AM EDT
[#4]
going Liberal like NJ

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ambridge77:
My family always shot on their own properties.

WTF PA?!
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/6/2024 1:18:13 PM EDT
[#5]
This sucks because I was looking for property to buy just so I had a private place to shoot. Guess I'll just save the money and buy down south like my wife and I have talked about and we'll just move after my kid graduates High School.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 3:47:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By TheTallest:
This sucks because I was looking for property to buy just so I had a private place to shoot. Guess I'll just save the money and buy down south like my wife and I have talked about and we'll just move after my kid graduates High School.
View Quote

As long as you don't buy in the wrong place I'm sure you'll be fine to shoot on your private property.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 8:48:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By TheTallest:
View Quote

Just buy rural enough. This guy was in an area populated enough to have a Walmart or something down range.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top