Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2023 9:41:18 PM EDT
We're putting together vacation ideas for next summer, and we're thinking about a Pittsburgh/Cleveland/Cincinnati area trip. We have been making the MLB ballpark tour for several years, and it's been great so far. Yes, the ballparks are my interest, but every year it makes for a good framework to see different parts of the country at the same time.

So aside from those ballparks, what are my fellow arfcommers ideas for must see places and things to do in that triangle of cities? My wife and I plus 20 and 16 year old daughters, and 9 year old son.

In the past we've stayed in a wide variety of places, and would be open to scenic area vrbo type places outside of the cities but we've had fun staying in different cities as well.

I've never been east of Illinois or north of Tennessee so that part of the country is foreign to me so far. My wife had been through there when she was little, and my daughters have been on trips north east, but not me yet.

Every trip I get on the hometown forums and ask the same questions and I get my best advice from you guys!

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 6:51:51 PM EDT
[#1]
PNC Bank ballpark is a great ballpark. Flight 93 memorial is also highly recommended.
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 9:48:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Heinz history center. Solders and Sailors Museum.  Depending on the hours, you might be able to go into the area where Silent of the Lambs was filmed
Link Posted: 10/24/2023 12:14:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Ohiopyle is PA is a pretty cool state park.  Get an airbnb and do some whitewater rafting, biking, and hiking.  Frank Lloyd Wright house Falling water and Kentuck Knob close by as well

It is a little over an hour from the Pittsburgh depending where you are
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top