Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2024 2:51:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Giltweasel]
Traveling from Missouri to Duluth, then looping up through Thunder Bay, crossing the border at Grand Portage, taking 11 west through Quetico/Atikokan, crossing back into US at International Falls, for the 5 hours back to Ely to pick up my son when his contract is finished.

Last time I drove into Canada the border guy insisted that people from Missouri always have guns with us and it would be an extremely painful experience to get caught with them in Canada. I didn't have any firearms with me then so I didn't sweat it.

Lately, with the changes in our social fabric demanding a bit more vigilance, I've changed my travel habits. Namely no flying and legal CCW where possible.

I have no intention of taking anything prohibited into Canada, but was still considering ways to store or cache a pelican case somewhere secure before making the Canadian traverse.

Is it possible to get membership in a gun club or range that has storage lockers on site where access is monitored and secure? Do such places exist in Mn.?

I don't know Mn. gun laws so if I'm SOL on finding a solution here, please let me know.

TIA!
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 4:51:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I can not think of any metro area indoor ranges with lockers?  Might want to call Stock and Barrel in Chanhassen 612-888-0540
Bill's in Robbinsdale used to have ammo lockers?
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 10:49:16 PM EDT
[#2]
When are you doing this? I'm between Ely and International Falls for most of May - September.  Could drop of a firearm. I am sure there are a few more of us up in that area as well.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 6:25:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Walleyeguy24:
When are you doing this? I'm between Ely and International Falls for most of May - September.  Could drop of a firearm. I am sure there are a few more of us up in that area as well.
View Quote

Will be there next week. Picking him up on the 11th and heading home through Duluth after that.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 10:44:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Check with Bill’s Gun Shop.  I have heard them advertise storage at their locations.  Worth a call.  If I remember right it is $50 a month per firearm.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 8:11:04 AM EDT
[#5]
A similar question was asked in the MT hometown forum
Before a Canada xing up there—find a gun shop and drop off your gun for a cleaning was one solution.  Pick it up on way back.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 10:53:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Already on the road and not going to do this, but wife found rentable storage lockers are available at UPS stores.

Also noted that many national gym chains have lockers for rent but you must provide your own lock.

Not something I'd try, but probably have at least a degree more security than at a bus station $.25 locker.

I like the idea of getting my guns cleaned. That hadn't occurred to me until this thread.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top