Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2023 8:49:53 PM EDT

So, I am looking for Pre-ban AR and Glock 17 mags. With a priority on the AR mags. I am hoping to find 6-10 eventually. Im tyring to figure out the secret to getting these, I see online people are claiming to find/buy them for $25-40, and I think this should be the case considering how many thousands there are out there. I can only find them for $100+, what am I missing?

Is there a secret local place I am missing where I can buy a pack of these? I would think there should be an oversupply of inventory; MA is really the only state left where it matters I think. I get that glock magazines breakdown over time, but the metal AR mags should last indefinitely.

Link Posted: 4/9/2023 6:53:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: djsmiles] [#1]
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 11:27:32 PM EDT
[#2]
How are mags identified as pre-ban and what prevents them from coming in from non-ban states?
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 8:12:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By hoosier122:
How are mags identified as pre-ban and what prevents them from coming in from non-ban states?
View Quote
AR mags -  there is a list of known mfrs/IDs of pre-ban mags. It is posted here on ARfcom, I think it is in "resources", but haven't looked lately. It was originally posted ~1999.

Glock mags - There are a lot of "experts" on the matter, but I had a private conversation with Glock-USA's chief counsel and lead tech and they both confirmed that Glock-Austria never confirmed to them when engineering changes were made to their mags. It seems accepted that U-channel and square-channel backs indicate pre-ban on standard capacity (not the 30+ rd models) mags however. Everything else is pure conjecture.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 8:11:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Anyone been successfully convicted?
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 8:26:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By hoosier122:
Anyone been successfully convicted?
View Quote

The process is the punishment - and plenty of it.

Link Posted: 4/15/2023 9:43:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 4:25:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Ask for pre-bans in the wanted to buy section. List that you want normal pricing. Or offer to trade x # of post bans for pre bans, this is the cheaper way.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 11:09:08 AM EDT
[#8]
@Chicago77

Mags
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 10:25:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Deeper into it.
https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/glock-magazine-project.1945276/#post-31395933
https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/glock-magazine-project.1945276/#post-31395933
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top