Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2023 12:41:16 PM EDT
First and foremost, I'm lazy and also want a very high quality installation so if you want to tell me to do it myself you can save your breath.

Everyday I see more and more idiots on Las Vegas roads.  That means everyday I think more and more about protecting myself and wife with a dash cam.  Can anyone recommend a professional shop to do the installation?

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 11:27:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Battleborn has done some work on my Toyota , good folks
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 10:32:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Awesome.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/27/2023 8:50:55 AM EDT
[#3]
What kind of car? The reason I ask is there are adapters available that use the rear view mirror power for the camera. So, there are no cables to run or anything else. Basically a plug and play option.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 4:36:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Im lazy too.

That's why I had Best Buy install everything for me.

At the time the scamdemic was in effect so they were backed up. Customers had to call
and make an appointment 3 months ahead of time. I just pulled my vehicle into the shop.
Came back an hour 1 1/2 hours later and drove it away.  Worth every penny.

For the time being Covid is over with so you should be able to get it installed a lot sooner.

I recommend you call them first. Ask to be transferred to the guys who actually do the installation.

As technology is always upgrading , and older models are being discontinued, ...Ask them what the latest/greatest current camera model these days to get installed.

Make sure you get cameras that record to the front AND to the rear.

I had a buddy tell me he got cleared from 3 traffic accidents because he was able to show evidence (video) of what actually happened.

In one accident the party at fault admitted fault at the accident scene.  Once he met with his insurance agent he did a 180.  Started lying thru his teeth
that it was my buddy who was at fault.  He didn't know my buddy had cameras installed that recorded everything.

Once my buddy showed the video to the insurance people, that's all she wrote.

Link Posted: 8/1/2023 12:34:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By UV18:
What kind of car? The reason I ask is there are adapters available that use the rear view mirror power for the camera. So, there are no cables to run or anything else. Basically a plug and play option.
View Quote

Ford Raptor and Edge
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 12:35:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Meat-Hook:
Im lazy too.

That's why I had Best Buy install everything for me.

At the time the scamdemic was in effect so they were backed up. Customers had to call
and make an appointment 3 months ahead of time. I just pulled my vehicle into the shop.
Came back an hour 1 1/2 hours later and drove it away.  Worth every penny.

For the time being Covid is over with so you should be able to get it installed a lot sooner.

I recommend you call them first. Ask to be transferred to the guys who actually do the installation.

As technology is always upgrading , and older models are being discontinued, ...Ask them what the latest/greatest current camera model these days to get installed.

Make sure you get cameras that record to the front AND to the rear.

I had a buddy tell me he got cleared from 3 traffic accidents because he was able to show evidence (video) of what actually happened.

In one accident the party at fault admitted fault at the accident scene.  Once he met with his insurance agent he did a 180.  Started lying thru his teeth
that it was my buddy who was at fault.  He didn't know my buddy had cameras installed that recorded everything.

Once my buddy showed the video to the insurance people, that's all she wrote.

View Quote

All great info.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 6:26:57 AM EDT
[#7]
What’s a good reliable brand for front and rear camera to install, and what’s the average cost ?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top