Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2024 5:24:11 PM EDT
I’m not from Hawaii, I am selling a ar15 lower I’m selling and someone from Hawaii wants to purchase it, I always thought Hawaii banned this type of rifle years ago, he keeps insisting I’m wrong but I’m pretty sure any of these types of rifles are not legal, am I wrong?
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 8:10:37 AM EDT
[#1]
AR15 lowers are legal for now. The state has a stupid Assault pistol ban and pistol hi cap magazine ban.

Pending how stupid the State government is doing in the current legislation session. It might go full retard.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 8:33:28 AM EDT
[#2]
For years I thought AR’s etc…. Were illegal in Hawaii
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 10:29:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rickgunz73:
View Quote

Nope.  When I was there I bought a RRA lower and put my own upper on it.  30 round mags are legal for rifles.

For now.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 6:50:21 PM EDT
[#4]
View Quote

That's what they want you to think.

I was hoping that Bruen would fix the CCW back in Hawaii.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 7:27:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By AR18:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

The powers that be seem to be fighting it tooth and nail.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 6:50:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Brundoggie:

The powers that be seem to be fighting it tooth and nail.
View Quote

I know. They are hoping for a SCOTUS miracle.

But being priced out of housing market and little career growth. I hate it to leave home. But I had to do something with my future.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 9:32:59 AM EDT
[#7]

I know. They are hoping for a SCOTUS miracle.

But being priced out of housing market and little career growth. I hate it to leave home. But I had to do something with my future.
View Quote

After 38 years of living there, the politics and cost of living are the main reasons I moved to NC a couple of months ago.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 8:52:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Damn, I didn't know that you relocated to the East Coast.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 10:02:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Damn, I didn't know that you relocated to the East Coast.
View Quote

Another reason is family getting older.  NC puts us somewhat midway between my wife's parents in Ohio and my parents in Naples, FL.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 11:24:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Brundoggie:

Another reason is family getting older.  NC puts us somewhat midway between my wife's parents in Ohio and my parents in Naples, FL.
View Quote

Well, here is close to home except the damn hurricanes.

Plus, there is a large Hawaiian community down here. Got L&L here but it is more like California cooking style.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 2:51:40 PM EDT
[#11]
If you ever relocate to Arizona, there is a large Hawaiian community.  There are some pretty decent restaurants ran by people from Hawaii as well.  Hawaiian Airlines goes non-stop from Phoenix to Oahu and a few other fly direct to the other islands as well.

If the current ban passes, it'll make it harder to want to move back to Hawaii.  But I'll probably still do it for part of the year when (if) I get to retire and can pull it off.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 5:38:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By ihon:
If you ever relocate to Arizona, there is a large Hawaiian community.  There are some pretty decent restaurants ran by people from Hawaii as well.  Hawaiian Airlines goes non-stop from Phoenix to Oahu and a few other fly direct to the other islands as well.

If the current ban passes, it'll make it harder to want to move back to Hawaii.  But I'll probably still do it for part of the year when (if) I get to retire and can pull it off.
View Quote

That's was one of the reasons why moved to the mainland. I could not trust the democrats party on any issues. It is easier to past stupid laws and raise taxes for all the wrong reasons.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top