Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2023 10:53:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: raf]
Apparently for "keying" a car which has a pro-Trump/anti-Biden sticker on it.

See here for some Details

Story is developing; will post further info as I get it.

Much longer story here with some video:  Full Story

IMHO, this couldn't have happened to a more "deserving" guy.

Sen Miller is the guy who told a 2A video guy to "Go F)^* Yourself!" publicly, on the floor of RI State House rotunda.  Mealy-mouthed "apology" was issued soon after, likely due to his Dem "Leadership Team" telling him to do so in order to make the incident "go away".

Infamous Y/T vid of Miller telling pro-2A Journalist to "Go F@#k Yourself": HERE

Report of vid Here I personally saw the original vid and can personally verify the phrase Sen Miller is alleged to have used.

Matt Allen on 630WPRO AM radio is now reading the police report verbatim.  Needless to say, the report, based on video camera surveillance, and testimony of officers present, does not support Sen. Millers account of things, hence his arrest and being charged.

In some of his alleged remarks, Sen. Miller seems to blame "Gun Nuts"--his words-- for the event.

IMHO, having met him and spoken to him, Sen. Josh Miller, regardless of his being one of the "Stars" of the RI politicians who are 2A Deniers (carefully note the deliberate use of the word "DENIER"), is an arrogant and small person; both in physical stature, and in character.  His previous actions, along with this latest crime strongly indicate he is not fit to serve in the RI Senate.

Some might try to call this a "Hate Crime" although the "target group" is not yet federally "protected".

Perhaps some here in RI, especially his constituents, will contact RI Senate Leadership Team and tell them encourage Miller to resign.  This sort of thing embarrasses the "Senate Leadership Team" and they hate being embarrassed.

Link Posted: 6/24/2023 1:54:18 PM EDT
[#1]
He looks and sounds like the perfect asshole.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 9:01:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: raf] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Wobblin-Goblin:
He looks and sounds like the perfect asshole.
View Quote
He's a lawyer, a Democrat politician, and a gun-grabber.

I know a few folks in each of the 3 categories who are honest and decent people, although they may be "misguided" in some ways.

All three taken together?  That's called a Trifecta.
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 12:25:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raf] [#3]
It has been pointed out that Sen. Miller lied to the officers questioning him.  If the City Prosecutor chooses to do so, that could be an additional charge against him, possibly more serious than the misdemeanor vandalism charge itself.

ETA 1:  According to Cranston Police Spokesman, charges of "Obstructing Justice" (Lying to cops) IS a "possibility".  It's up to Cranston City Solicitor to make the call; Prosecutors have "Prosecutorial Discretion" concerning such things.  This from interview on Matt Allen 630WPRO radio show.

It might be "interesting" if some folks chose to mention this situation to City and Police officials in Cranston.  Perhaps contact Cranston City Solicitor's Office.

ETA 2:  It appears that Cranston City Solicitor is Christopher Millea a former Dem RI Representative.

Here's a handy link to the City of Cranston Law Office, along with their contact info.  If you choose to contact them, please be polite.  You might want to mention your fears that the Solicitor's Office, and thus Millea, might be accused of "favoritism" and "political influence" if Miller is not also charged with "Obstruction of Justice".  After all, he appears to have lied to the Police officers--on tape-- during their investigation.

ETA 3:  Multiple vids of the incident o YouTube:  HERE

ETA 4:  RI law concerning "Obstruction of Justice" HERE  This may or may not be a felony depending on the exact charges.  In the event Miller is charged with a section of the law that involves Felony, it could cost Miller his Law license.

ETA 5:  May face "additional charges": HERE

I have zero doubt that Miller will work out a "deal" in order to minimize his exposure to the law; likely involving his taking "Anger Management Therapy", thus attempting to make this a "medical" issue.

This is highly embarrassing both to Miller personally, his Senate colleagues and especially his Senate "Leadership Team.  All of them hate being embarrassed.  It may mean that Miller's joining the upper levels of the Senate "Leadership Team" is put on hold, or even put to bed altogether.  Impossible to predict what effect this might have on his running for re-election, or if he has a primary opponent.
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 8:43:38 AM EDT
[#4]
A few petitions going around for his removal….of course he pulled this shit at the end of assembly.

Hopefully it can be brought back right to the forefront come Fall.
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 1:31:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raf] [#5]
Miller is, first and foremost, an arrogant person.  He may well believe that he can overcome this situation by working out a "deal" with Cranston prosecutor by paying restitution and it will all go away, with very minor legal issues.

Given that he lied to the cops many times, perhaps not.  It's up to the discretion of Cranston Prosecutor.

I know what I would do in a similar situation, but refraining from posting it here lest I give him ideas.

Let's assume most likely scenario that Miller gets away with misdemeanor charges and restitution.

Even that, along with his past antics, should make his "advancement" within RI Dem hierarchy very problematic.  Formerly, Miller was on the "rise" to assume a "Leadership" positin in RI Dem Party.

The Dem "Leadership" here hates being embarrassed, and Miller is a loose cannon.  As we see in this thread, Miller has resurrected all the old and embarrassing stories about Sen President Dominic "Rubbers" Ruggerio.  I doubt Ruggerio "appreciates" that.

I suspect Miller's rise in Dem hierarchy is done.  Whether the Dem "Leadership" removes Miller from "important" Committees remains to be seen.  Lots to follow after July Court hearing.  I have some inquiries out to "knowledgeable" folks.  Will report.

Just to say, no "special" knowledge.
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 2:38:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By raf:
Miller is, first and foremost, an arrogant person.  He may well believe that he can overcome this situation by working out a "deal" with Cranston prosecutor by paying restitution and it will all go away, with very minor legal issues.

Given that he lied to the cops many times, perhaps not.  It's up to the discretion of Cranston Prosecutor.

I know what I would do in a similar situation, but refraining from posting it here lest I give him ideas.

Let's assume most likely scenario that Miller gets away with misdemeanor charges and restitution.

Even that, along with his past antics, should make his "advancement" within RI Dem hierarchy very problematic.  Formerly, Miller was on the "rise" to assume a "Leadership" positin in RI Dem Party.

The Dem "Leadership" here hates being embarrassed, and Miller is a loose cannon.

I suspect Miller's rise in Dem hierarchy is done.  Whether the Dem "Leadership" removes Miller from "important" Committees remains to be seen.  Lots to follow after July Court hearing.  I have some inquiries out to "knowledgeable" folks.  Will report.

Just to say, no "special" knowledge.
View Quote

Interested in hearing what they say.

The didn’t seem to bothered about “Rubbers” maintaining his Senate President seat.

That whole party is a loose canon.
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 3:25:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raf] [#7]
Originally Posted By sgwlower:

Interested in hearing what they say.

The didn't seem to bothered about "Rubbers" maintaining his Senate President seat.

That whole party is a loose canon.
View Quote
Understood, but the situation with "Rubbers Ruggerio" and Miller might be a bit "different".

Ruggerio was at the time a member of "Leadership" and had some clout in getting the minor charges dismissed.  Miller is not yet a member of "Leadership" and has some additional legal issues facing him, including possible felony charges.

Time will tell.
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 7:41:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: raf] [#8]
Breaking:  Miller to face additional charge of "Obstructing a Police Officer", a misdmeanor.  Details of added Obstruction charges HERE
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 10:30:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Breaking:  Miller to face additional charge of "Obstructing a Police Officer", a misdmeanor.  Details to follow.
View Quote

Love it!
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 11:50:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: raf] [#10]

Love it!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Breaking:  Miller to face additional charge of "Obstructing a Police Officer", a misdmeanor.  Details to follow.

Love it!
Aaaand the Hits keep coming!  Charge of "Obstructing a police officer in the line of duty" carries a penalty of up to a year in jail, and/or a fine of up to $500.

Original charge of malicious vandalism carries jail penalty of up to a year, and/or a fine of up to $1000, plus paying restitution to the victim.

It's doubtful that Miller will get any jail time; the fines would be easy for him to pay by simply raising beer prices at the Hot Club and Trinity Brewhouse, both businesses owned by Miller.
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 11:56:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 12:01:58 PM EDT
[#12]
RI Coalition Against Gun Violence urges members to support Businesses owned by Sen Josh Miller (Hot Club and Trinity Brewhouse)

Article
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 11:56:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: raf] [#13]
RI Democrat State Senator Miller, who was previously charged with vandalism/malicious injury to property, will be charged with obstruction of a police officer at his Arraignment Tuesday July 18 at Third District Court in Warwick, Cranston City Solicitor Christopher Millea, told the Providence Journal on Wednesday.

Italicized items added.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 10:55:55 AM EDT
[#14]
RI Dem Senator Josh Miller Pleads "No Contest", pays restitution.

Details HERE
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 12:28:34 PM EDT
[#15]

Details HERE
View Quote

Disappointed...but not surprised.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 2:45:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raf] [#16]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Details HERE

IDK if this outcome is typical of such cases, or due to RI DEM Senator Josh Miller's position.

It's somewhat "refreshing" that "obstruction" charges were added.

Likely the Judge was "connected" to the RI Dem Party, as are almost all RI Judges.  Guess who "screens" prospective Judges?  DEM-controlled General Assembly.  "Approved" list of Judges provided to RI Governor (likely also a Dem) for appointment.

Less than Miller deserved, but at least RI DEM Senator Miller was brought to Justice and publicly embarrassed.  I saw nothing about RI DEM Senator Miller's being required to attend "Anger Management" therapy, which would have been a reasonable demand given RI DEM Senator Miller's past outbursts.

When next I testify before RI legislature, I will state that I "fear" retribution by RI DEM Sen. Miller, and demand that he be excluded from the room.  That ought to create a kerfuffle, LOL, and suggest you do the same!  His not undergoing and successfully completed "Anger Management" therapy could reasonably cause fear in most folks that RI DEM Senator Miller might retaliate against them.  I suggest this as a "vulnerability" of RI DEM Sen Miller going forward.

As Saul Alinsky once said (paraphrasing):  "Use their own rules against them".

Let's see how the RI Anti-Gun groups react.  I wonder if some will choose to post comments on their (mostly closed) web and social media sites concerning RI DEM Senator Miller's uncontrollable rage outbursts.

It is NO mistake that I repeat the mantra of "RI DEM Senator" in this thread.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 4:17:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raf] [#17]
Just sent to RICAGV web site:

"Sen Miller's latest unprovoked anger outrage should disqualify him from our list of supporters.  We can't have this sort of angry person representing us"

Again, "Use their own rules against them".

ETA: Responses to RICAGV are apparently keyed to respondent's e-mail address.  The more e-mail addresses, the more responses likely to be accepted.

NOT suggesting anything nefarious.  Just pointing out facts.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 4:14:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raf] [#18]
Miller's legal "issues" will be "filed" and barring any further LEO encounters, will be automatically "expunged" after a year.

Miller must pay full restitution to the Victim, and also a $250 "donation" to charity.  If I was the victim, I would have my vehicle trailered to the nearest Rolls-Royce certified body shop for repairs.  YMMV.  I understand that Miller has paid about $2800 in restitution.  

Not a bad outcome for RI DEM Senator Miller.  I wonder of the rest of us could expect the same result.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 7:21:21 PM EDT
[#19]
You knew it was going to happen….
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 12:11:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Anyone good with photoshop.

Take his mugshot,
slap on "Owner of this establishment is guilty" banner
willful destruction of personal property
obstruction of justice
Only because he hates your politics

I'd like a t-shirt with just his mugshot and guilty across the top and wear it to trinity while sipping tap water at the bar.

Posters to hang on telephone poles at the entrances of his business
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 2:07:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Miller is a POS of the highest order, Trinity Brewhouse beer is undrinkable. I pass by it on my way home from work every day and it is dead. Hopefully it will be boarded up soon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top