Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2022 9:40:55 AM EDT
Do you guys have a budget surplus like Ma and Tx?
If so, will you see any of it returned to you?
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 2:10:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By JRCmx:
Do you guys have a budget surplus like Ma and Tx?
If so, will you see any of it returned to you?
View Quote

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 4:19:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sgwlower:

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha
View Quote

Did they spend it all or are they in their usual situation again?
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 5:36:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sgwlower] [#3]

View Quote

No they have a huge surplus…..its laughable that you think you we would get any of it with our crooked blue state.

They wouldn’t even vote us a gas tax relief.

Dude you left, just know with every question you ask. You will be answered with this state sucked, continues to suck, and will suck worse o to the future.

Our state is full of slimy, batshit crazy., Filthy, dirty liberals.

We fight every f-ing day, but the suck just gets worse.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 7:58:53 AM EDT
[#4]

No they have a huge surplus ..its laughable that you think you we would get any of it with our crooked blue state.

They wouldn't even vote us a gas tax relief.

Dude you left, just know with every question you ask. You will be answered with this state sucked, continues to suck, and will suck worse o to the future.

We fight every f-I get day, but the suck just gets worse.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

No they have a huge surplus ..its laughable that you think you we would get any of it with our crooked blue state.

They wouldn't even vote us a gas tax relief.

We fight every f-I get day, but the suck just gets worse.
All True.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 7:46:19 AM EDT
[#5]
To be fair we are supposed to have seen our last vehicle property tax bills, though I feel like we've been down this road before. I'll believe it when I don't get one.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 9:18:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Speedie:
To be fair we are supposed to have seen our last vehicle property tax bills, though I feel like we've been down this road before. I'll believe it when I don't get one.
View Quote

According to the speaker of the house, who stopped by my house looking for my vote on Saturday, the car taxes are indeed gone.

I thanked him for making me a felon. It was an interesting conversation.

Supposedly there is supposed to some great “magazine buyback” in the next month or so.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 10:23:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raf] [#7]

According to the speaker of the house, who stopped by my house looking for my vote on Saturday, the car taxes are indeed gone.

Supposedly there is supposed to some great "magazine buyback" in the next month or so.
View Quote

I'm sure he did not expect your "conversation", but the fact that he was out solicting votes, door-to-door is interesting.  Good for you to kick him in his political teeth.  Rumor has it that Senate President "Rubbers" Ruggerio is also walking the streets trying to counter his challenger.  Their political votes have political consequences.  

We here in RI are in a tough place.  We've been betrayed by formerly RKBA-respecting pols, who might be replaced by "Progressive" pols who have even less respect for the Constitution.

Unless RI Legislature meets in a very RARE session before next election, any sort of "mag buy-back" is pure BS.  RI can't afford such an expense, and the Progressives will go NUTS voting the $$$ for it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 7:22:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By raf:

I'm sure he did not expect your "conversation", but the fact that he was out solicting votes, door-to-door is interesting.  Good for you to kick him in his political teeth.  Rumor has it that Senate President "Rubbers" Ruggerio is also walking the streets trying to counter his challenger.  Their political votes have political consequences.  

We here in RI are in a tough place.  We've been betrayed by formerly RKBA-respecting pols, who might be replaced by "Progressive" pols who have even less respect for the Constitution.

Unless RI Legislature meets in a very RARE session before next election, any sort of "mag buy-back" is pure BS.  RI can't afford such an expense, and the Progressives will go NUTS voting the $$$ for it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By raf:

Supposedly there is supposed to some great "magazine buyback" in the next month or so.

I love when they use that term "buyback". As if my privately owned and purchased, constitutionally protected property was originally theirs and they're benevolently allowing me to use it.

Link Posted: 8/2/2022 6:43:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Speedie:

I love when they use that term "buyback". As if my privately owned and purchased, constitutionally protected property was originally theirs and they're benevolently allowing me to use it.

View Quote

Completely agree with, I started laughing when he mentioned it. I also told him that our AG is useless, and in fact can not tel you what modifications are necessary to make your mags legal…that they passed a law that at this point cannot be enforced.

We desperately need to get Chas Calenda in at AG.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 3:16:16 PM EDT
[#10]
McKee trying to do some sort of victory lap about this budget surplus on his campaign commercials.....Doesn't say exactly where it came from:

• Federal COVID fund that weren't spent....on you know...people not losing their businesses
  • Increase tax collections because INFLATION IS THROUGH THE FUCKING ROOF.
This is so fucking 1984 its pants on head retarded
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 6:42:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Hamel:
McKee trying to do some sort of victory lap about this budget surplus on his campaign commercials.....Doesn't say exactly where it came from:

• Federal COVID fund that weren't spent....on you know...people not losing their businesses
  • Increase tax collections because INFLATION IS THROUGH THE FUCKING ROOF.
This is so fucking 1984 its pants on head retarded
View Quote

Kinda like the cigarette settlement money.

RI will be broke again next year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top