Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2023 8:08:53 AM EDT
So I'm waiting on news, but Naval War College--could--be in my future.

Please let me know if my assessment is accurate, RI is a bit of an oasis in the middle of a desert?  Only catch is, don't have 10+ rd mags on you? AR-15s are a go (for now)?

Link Posted: 8/26/2023 8:22:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Pitt_Guy:
So I'm waiting on news, but Naval War College--could--be in my future.

Please let me know if my assessment is accurate, RI is a bit of an oasis in the middle of a desert?  Only catch is, don't have 10+ rd mags on you? AR-15s are a go (for now)?

View Quote

So I am here until March for the same reason. Are you Army? Or Navy?

Based on the law, it could be argued that you can have greater than 10 round mags, however it is a little iffy on wording whether it is for official capacity or not so take it how you will. ARs are fine, the legislature has some aspirations of an assault weapons ban but if you’re only here for the school it is unlikely that it would take effect.

If you plan to get your CCW do it early and let me know if you have questions. I did it through Newport.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 8:31:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BBOHACH:

So I am here until March for the same reason. Are you Army? Or Navy?

Based on the law, it could be argued that you can have greater than 10 round mags, however it is a little iffy on wording whether it is for official capacity or not so take it how you will. ARs are fine, the legislature has some aspirations of an assault weapons ban but if you’re only here for the school it is unlikely that it would take effect.

If you plan to get your CCW do it early and let me know if you have questions. I did it through Newport.
View Quote

I'm Air Force, I'll learn on Tuesday.  I wasn't aware CCW would even be an option--I'll PM you if I am RI-bound
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 8:35:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Happy to help.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top