BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/2/2024 1:47:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster]
Here it comes: Grabs yous dem ankles
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 3:58:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Violations of the voting rights act

Some conservative candidates still won, depriving underprivileged meth addicts of representation?
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 7:45:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mancat] [#2]
Every time I hear ranked choice voting described it sounds like a complete scam.

They'll say you don't understand it. No, I do. I understand it perfectly fine and it sounds like a system that is ripe for abuse. It makes voting and tallying more complicated and provides more nooks and crannies for falsification of results to hide.

A candidate who didn't win a majority of the vote can still easily win under ranked choice.

Nearly every person I've seen in strong favor of turns out to be left leaning, which is another thing that is typically a dead giveaway that something is up.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 11:27:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mancat:
Every time I hear ranked choice voting described it sounds like a complete scam.

They'll say you don't understand it. No, I do. I understand it perfectly fine and it sounds like a system that is ripe for abuse. It makes voting and tallying more complicated and provides more nooks and crannies for falsification of results to hide.

A candidate who didn't win a majority of the vote can still easily win under ranked choice.

Nearly every person I've seen in strong favor of turns out to be left leaning, which is another thing that is typically a dead giveaway that something is up.
View Quote

RCV is why Alaska’s lone Federal Representative is a Democrat (Mary Peltola).  In the three-way race, she had 40% of votes while the two Republicans had a combined 60% n the first round. But the “second choice” votes broke for the D candidate and she “wins” with 51%…

Link Posted: 4/3/2024 2:27:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#4]
Originally Posted By Scollins:

RCV is why Alaska’s lone Federal Representative is a Democrat (Mary Peltola).  In the three-way race, she had 40% of votes while the two Republicans had a combined 60% n the first round. But the “second choice” votes broke for the D candidate and she “wins” with 51%…

View Quote

This is why it's being pushed. Entrenching RCV in the vote process is added insurance to cement 1 party state rule. My belief is that this is specifically intended to expand D control in the E side counties.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:41:03 AM EDT
[#5]
If it ain't broke, don't f... Oh wait it is already broken.
Stupid leading the stupid again.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 11:31:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Ryo:
View Quote

Yep. It’s now ‘if it’s broken, break it some more’ 🙄
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 2:35:31 PM EDT
[#7]
do we as voters have a say in this? or is this decision for RCV being done for us by the people that think they know what we need better than we do?
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 5:54:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By RCS57:
do we as voters have a say in this? or is this decision for RCV being done for us by the people that think they know what we need better than we do?
View Quote

I was never asked if I wanted mail in only voting either. Like most shit in WA the legislature just rammed it through.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 8:41:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I do not like vote by mail either.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 10:42:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

This is why it's being pushed. Entrenching RCV in the vote process is added insurance to cement 1 party state rule. My belief is that this is specifically intended to expand D control in the E side counties.
View Quote

THIS, THIS, THIS!
Bingo!… ding ding ding.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 5:42:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Ranked choice. Okay.

The person I choose as first
Mickey Mouse
Donald Duck

There you go.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 11:35:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Rossi] [#12]
Originally Posted By Ryo:
View Quote

I'm also entertained and trying not to laugh hard when reading this.  WA's "elections" have been broken and fraudulent for more than 20 years.  They can "find" ballots (as many as they want), "fix incorrect" votes by simply crossing the names in the ballots and marking their chosen ones, "recount" as many times as they want if the results still aren't what they want.  And this franchise has been expanded nationally now.

What are they trying to do?  Maintain the appearance that voters can really choose?   Amusing, to say the least.

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:47:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By mancat: I was never asked if I wanted mail in only voting either. Like most shit in WA the legislature just rammed it through.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mancat: I was never asked if I wanted mail in only voting either. Like most shit in WA the legislature just rammed it through.

Originally Posted By Frank762:
I do not like vote by mail either.

+ 1.
Link Posted: Today 8:51:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Rossi:

I'm also entertained and trying not to laugh hard when reading this.  WA's "elections" have been broken and fraudulent for more than 20 years.  They can "find" ballots (as many as they want), "fix incorrect" votes by simply crossing the names in the ballots and marking their chosen ones, "recount" as many times as they want if the results still aren't what they want.  And this franchise has been expanded nationally now.

What are they trying to do?  Maintain the appearance that voters can really choose?   Amusing, to say the least.

View Quote
username checks out. :D

the Gregoire/Rossi debacle was absolutely dumb. "oh, we found a box of ballots that wasn't counted." That's not a "recount."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top