Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2024 3:25:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4A2]
If in the description it says receiver, would it still be classified as an "other"? Would it need to be registered?

Side note MP-15 22 long rifle? Pistol grip, semi auto 22lr, no threaded barrel, no telescoping stock - Still to be registered or no need?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:27:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Never mind on the receiver part found out would still need to be registered.

Still need to know of the MP.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:15:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sbhaven] [#2]
How does the DPS-3-C classify the firearm? As a handgun, long gun, other, unfinished frame/receiver?

If the firearm you possess prior to 6/7/23 is not a rifle, pistol or shotgun then it gets registered as a 2023 assault weapon if it violates the following or you want to build it into an AW:
Sec. 53-202a. Assault weapons: Definitions.
(G) Any semiautomatic firearm other than a pistol, revolver, rifle or shotgun, regardless of whether such firearm is listed in subparagraphs (A) to (D), inclusive, of this subdivision, and regardless of the date such firearm was produced, that has at least one of the following:
(i) Any grip of the weapon, including a pistol grip, a thumbhole stock or any other stock, the use of which would allow an individual to grip the weapon, resulting in any finger on the trigger hand in addition to the trigger finger being directly below any portion of the action of the weapon when firing;
(ii) An ability to accept a detachable ammunition magazine that attaches at some location outside of the pistol grip;
(iii) A fixed magazine with the ability to accept more than ten rounds;
(iv) A flash suppressor or silencer, or a threaded barrel capable of accepting a flash suppressor or silencer;
(v) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to fire the firearm without being burned, except a slide that encloses the barrel;
(vi) A second hand grip; or
(vii) An arm brace or other stabilizing brace that could allow such firearm to be fired from the shoulder, with or without a strap designed to attach to an individual's arm;
View Quote
A semiautomatic detachable magazine rimfire rifle is not an assault weapon if it doesn't violate the AWB as it was on Jan 1, 2013. In other words if said rimfire rifle was legal in 2013 it is still legal today provided it doesn't have any additional evil features (two or more) from the following:
(A) A semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of the following:
(i) A folding or telescoping stock;
(ii) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;
(iii) A bayonet mount;
(iv) A flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; and
(v) A grenade launcher;
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:21:47 PM EDT
[#3]
So if I wanted to make a Stag 22 salty, I should register it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:11:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sbhaven] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Remydog:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Remydog:

Technically only "others" and prebans, per the AWB and the quoted language from it below, are supposed to be registered this time around. Until approvals (or denials) start rolling in, we don't know how strict SLFU will be this time around on what they'll approve.
(10) “2023 assault weapon” means an assault weapon described in any provision of subparagraphs (G) to (I), inclusive, of subdivision (1) of this section.
Sec. 53-202d. Certificate of possession of assault weapon. Certificate of transfer of assault weapon to gun dealer. Circumstances where possession of assault weapon authorized.
(4) (A) Except as provided in subparagraphs (B) and (C) of this subdivision, any person who lawfully possesses a 2023 assault weapon on June 5, 2023, under the provisions of sections 53-202a to 53-202k, inclusive, in effect on January 1, 2023, or any person who regains possession of a 2023 assault weapon pursuant to subdivision (2) of subsection (e) of section 53-202f, shall apply by May 1, 2024, or, if such person is a member of the military or naval forces of this state or of the United States and is unable to apply by May 1, 2024, because such member is or was on official duty outside of this state, shall apply within ninety days of returning to the state to the Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection for a certificate of possession with respect to such assault weapon. The Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection shall accept applications both in paper and electronic form, to the extent practicable, and shall not require such applications be notarized.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top