Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Registry enforcement (Page 1 of 2)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/26/2023 10:49:22 AM EDT
Help me understand...how exactly is Jabba and co going to go about enforcing registry?

As far as I know the 4473 does not state what type of firearm exaclty is purchased correct?

Example..I have two form1 sbr but short of the gestapo raiding my house and a traffic stop with said item in vehicle who is to say I did not "store" these items out of state.

Just trying to wrap my head around this mess.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 10:52:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Short of a warrant they can’t do anything. The only info they have is pistol, rifle or other.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 11:11:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Fishing expeditions.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 11:27:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By kaneljo3000:
Short of a warrant they can’t do anything. The only info they have is pistol, rifle or other.
View Quote

This is untrue.

https://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/ilcs5.asp?ActID=3932&ChapterID=39

Since they have been planning for this for a few years they know the make, model and S/N of every firearm purchased from a dealer in IL, in easily searched electronic format, since 2020.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 1:02:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I suspect they will go to the FFL that were on the TRO and get 4473 for scarey firearms sold under the TRO.  These firearms cannot be registered so they will send courtesy / harassing letters to these ignorant peasants.  They will eventually get a warrant for the biggest offenders , at this point I suspect like true criminals they'll figure a time the victim is least likely to be home - boot the door , steal the booty and leave a receipt.

Link Posted: 12/26/2023 6:49:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jntmjt1] [#5]
Don't get yourself hung up... Do your homework.  

4473s do have all the gun's info (see excerpt below).
NFA firearms must remain under the owner's control.  If "transporting" them out of state the ATF must approve it first (by serial number) on the Form 5320.20 (see excerpt below).

4473:
Attachment Attached File

5320.20:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 7:56:53 PM EDT
[#6]
If you don’t register and are stopped buy a state cop or cop who’s boss is ok with the ban, then you go to jail, they then get a search warrant and take all your other unregistered stuff, maybe even the registered stuff at that point.

Us the gun for self defense, same scenario.

Don’t register and it basically becomes useless, without opening you up to other legal issues.

Register and they may confiscate at some point.

Store it out of state and it’s still kinda useless but will not be confiscated.

It’’s a loose, loose situation.

We can only hope, regardless of what path you choose that someone else will be the canary that warns us what’s coming.

I plan to move as soon as my kid graduates, if not sooner.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 8:07:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By IceChimp:

This is untrue.

Since they have been planning for this for a few years they know the make, model and S/N of every firearm purchased from a dealer in IL, in easily searched electronic format, since 2020.
View Quote

Can you point me to relevant section? I do not see anything around the 4473. I asked 2 FFLs, and both said that they don't send any info to the ISP other than rifle/handgun/other.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 8:27:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: IceChimp] [#8]

Can you point me to relevant section? I do not see anything around the 4473. I asked 2 FFLs, and both said that they don't send any info to the ISP other than rifle/handgun/other.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

This is untrue.

It has nothing to do with the 4473

(a) A certified licensee shall make a photo copy of a buyer's or transferee's valid photo identification card whenever a firearm sale transaction takes place. The photo copy shall be attached to the documentation detailing the record of sale.

Sec. 5-65. Electronic-based recordkeeping. On or before January 2, 2020, each certified licensee operating a retail location shall implement an electronic-based record system to keep track of its changing inventory by updating the make, model, caliber or gauge, and serial number of each firearm that is received or sold by the certified licensee.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 9:10:04 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm convinced that folks who think they are anonymous in firearms transfers are the same people that think they are anonymous on the Internet. Your not. I'm personally convinced that Da Gov/Pritzker and associates have a list of pets who have made their life difficult over this PICA Thing. Maybe it's an instructor with local NRA/ISRA etc. that has been very vocal in criticizing and who is very high profile in the 2A circles and a favorite on various forums and in training circles.

So the ISP "discovers" where this pet peeve has his firearms transferred and walks in the door and requests the 4473's for this person (which the FFL *must* show them - no warrant, no muss/no fuss) and low and behold the person being targeted has purchased 6 AR Platform rifles (he teaches classes and is a trainer on the platform) and registered zero firearms via disclosure Affidavits AKA "Registration". Does anyone believe that if the ISP presents this information to a dyed-in-the-wool liberal/Democrat Judge they won't get a warrant? Of course they will.

They don't have the man power to go door to door or run down every AR owner who didn't comply but they most certainly have the time, manpower and possibly the motivation (spurred on by his Highness Pritzker) to make an example of a pet peeve who they wanna pop.

I am trying hard not to be negative but I think if anyone believes no one, absolutely no one, is gonna get popped on a PICA rap in 2024 they are naive. Pritzker wants to hamstring gun/assault weapon possession in Illinois because he has his eye on the White House and he *wants* and needs those votes from Moms Demand Action voters.

I don't think we will see prosecution is droves in Illinois except maybe in totally Blue counties but to think no one will be prosecuted is naive. I'm convinced they have a long list of people they want to make an example of to get the compliance they need.

VooDoo
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 2:15:54 AM EDT
[#10]
I am in agreement with VooDoo.  This will absolutely be the way they will do it.  Anyone who dared to challenge them in court will be suspect.  Do your do-diligence and cover your butt.
Sorry if I sound like an “edge lord”.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 12:03:07 PM EDT
[#11]
FWIW, CT passed a registration scheme after the Sandy Hook school shooting.
That law is over 10 years old in a state with a lot of very anti-gun legislators.
I remember reading somewhere that it's estimated that compliance rate has been less than 15%...in ten years.
I don't recall seeing any circumstances where they have made examples of people, but who knows.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 12:27:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Going door to door is not feasible, if anything, it will be based on traffic stops. Warrants will need some basis in fact and not knowing if the firearms have been sold or stored out of state leaves a huge margin of error.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 2:22:11 PM EDT
[#13]
One more time - they probably/possibly already know who has what:

ATF has nearly 1 Billion records from Out of Business FFL's

Yer not anonymous. "The nails that stick up will be pounded down" They can't get all of US - they don't have the resources. But I'm betting there's a "Hit List" compiled by Pritzker and his allies. Mom's Demand Action want to see heads roll and Pritzker wants those votes.

VooDoo
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 2:36:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By VodoundaVinci:
One more time - they probably/possibly already know who has what:

ATF has nearly 1 Billion records from Out of Business FFL's

Yer not anonymous. "The nails that stick up will be pounded down" They can't get all of US - they don't have the resources. But I'm betting there's a "Hit List" compiled by Pritzker and his allies. Mom's Demand Action want to see heads roll and Pritzker wants those votes.

VooDoo
View Quote

So you just joined in December, huh? Not today, Pritzker…
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 8:01:14 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

LOL.....caught me fair and square. Man, yer sharp!

VooDoo
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 9:38:45 PM EDT
[#16]

VooDoo
View All Quotes

VooDoo

Not everyone knows you from Illinoiscarry
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 6:25:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TWO_LABS] [#17]
PICA endorsement is now listed on your standard 27/29 return (when a cop runs your name and dob in their car)

It states “PICA Endorsement: Y or N”

I’m assuming that means if you’ve registered anything or not. It just started showing in returns a few months ago.

Most people I work with have no idea it’s there yet or what it means. YMMV
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 12:18:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Mass noncompliance of Illinois' gun ban registry seen by Guns Save Life

Have a look see/listen at 10:00.....

VooDoo
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 11:20:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ARMALITE-FAN] [#19]
ATF is not supposed to have copies of the 4473 . Unless doing a trace for a specific firearm.

So the have a crime and ABC brand model 2a , serial# 100 is in possession. They call up ABC and say we have a warrant to trace model 2a serial # 100. Oh that was sold to wholesaler guns N shit, they call them guns n shit says that went to dealer bobs guns and roses. They say it was sold to you. You get a visit as to why it ended up where it did.

Problem is for decades they now have out of business records. When doing compliance checks they  copy the book to a thumb drive. If they still keep paper records they bitch as to who does this in this day and age and photograph with their phone. Which is a crime in itself putting personal sensitive info on private phones. Thats OK its for the greater cause.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 4:27:19 PM EDT
[#20]

It has nothing to do with the 4473

(a) A certified licensee shall make a photo copy of a buyer's or transferee's valid photo identification card whenever a firearm sale transaction takes place. The photo copy shall be attached to the documentation detailing the record of sale.

Sec. 5-65. Electronic-based recordkeeping. On or before January 2, 2020, each certified licensee operating a retail location shall implement an electronic-based record system to keep track of its changing inventory by updating the make, model, caliber or gauge, and serial number of each firearm that is received or sold by the certified licensee.
View Quote

Yep, if you bought it from a chain or lgs, they most definitely use the gun dealer license software.  If you bought from a little shop that doesn't meet the requirements to need the software, it's on a paper 4473 that they'd need to individually audit.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 5:34:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JoseyWales] [#21]
1.  The government in Illinois has always broken the law

2. They have your info and will come knocking regardless because they can

3.  They will utilize all ISP officers and a compliant prosecutor.

4.  At the first sign of trouble that the ISP conflagration starts, the governor will utilize the Illinois national guard for the children or some bs.

Go ahead and doubt me...

The only question in my mind is will any blood be shed over this and will the supreme court continue to turn their back on the lives of citizens for the sake of procedural tradition.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 5:46:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HerculesMulligan] [#22]
Originally Posted By JoseyWales:

4.  At the first sign of trouble that the ISP conflagration starts, the governor will utilize the Illinois national guard for the children or some bs.

Go ahead and doubt me...

The only question in my mind is will any blood be shed over this and will the supreme court continue to turn their back on the lives of citizens for the sake of procedural tradition.
View Quote

And yet we have 33,000 firearms registered (0.6% compliance).  Which is disgusting it’s that many who have complied.  This is such a corrupt state yet these zombie coward sheep still do what the corrupt Illinois government says.  They don’t deserve firearms if you follow this government.  

History proves registration by governments works out poorly.  Look at nazi germany.  Didn’t work out well for those folks who registered.  
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 5:50:53 PM EDT
[#23]
What about FOID cards my FOID expired so I renewed, but I don`t have the card in my possession physically, however the ISPs website says it`s valid so am I safe to register my guns ?
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 7:19:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By berlinsoldaten:
What about FOID cards my FOID expired so I renewed, but I don`t have the card in my possession physically, however the ISPs website says it`s valid so am I safe to register my guns ?
View Quote

as long as you renewed before it expired I think youre still gtg . I doubt youll be able to buy any guns until the new card comes in though
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 7:34:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tiberius] [#25]
Originally Posted By HerculesMulligan:

And yet we have 33,000 firearms registered (0.6% compliance).  Which is disgusting it’s that many who have complied.  This is such a corrupt state yet these zombie coward sheep still do what the corrupt Illinois government says.  They don’t deserve firearms if you follow this government.  

History proves registration by governments works out poorly.  Look at nazi germany.  Didn’t work out well for those folks who registered.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HerculesMulligan:
Originally Posted By JoseyWales:

Go ahead and doubt me...

Do you have a FOID card?  If so, you’re a zombie coward sheep too…..just like everyone else in this sub forum.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 7:52:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: berlinsoldaten] [#26]
no my FOID expired in 2022 so I don`t understand my status. I`ve been trying to find help but so far nobody has been able to help me. I don`t know any lawyers for advice. I wish I knew my FOID had expired much sooner.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 8:47:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VodoundaVinci] [#27]
no my FOID expired in 2022 so I don`t understand my status. I`ve been trying to find help but so far nobody has been able to help me. I don`t know any lawyers for advice. I wish I knew my FOID had expired much sooner.
View Quote

https://illinoiscarry.com/forum/

Quit screwing around and ask the Pros.

VooDoo
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 9:14:27 AM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

I saw your post about wanting to register your guns. This post and that post.   You honestly don’t deserve to have guns
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 9:05:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Capt_Destro:

Not everyone knows you from Illinoiscarry
View Quote

The panic is starting to set in and people are getting very anxious at the zero hour.  

I've been busy all night with txt messages from casual gun people asking me questions because they didn't think their mini-14 fell under PICA.  Most of them couldn't even log in to the FOID portal because they can't remember their password, or have been locked out for some reason.

Link Posted: 1/1/2024 12:11:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Washington Gun Law:

Illinois Will Have to Confiscate How Many Firearms?

Too bad he's crunching numbers from a few days ago *but* he does promise to check back in a few days when the "panic" numbers begin to show. His math is fascinating but I think fairly accurate.

VooDoo
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 12:47:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 3:44:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Dumak:

The panic is starting to set in and people are getting very anxious at the zero hour.  

I've been busy all night with txt messages from casual gun people asking me questions because they didn't think their mini-14 fell under PICA.  Most of them couldn't even log in to the FOID portal because they can't remember their password, or have been locked out for some reason.

View Quote

Only mini 14/30 that falls under pica is if it has a pistol grip or flash hider.  Currently, or at least as of a couple days ago, isp said mini14/30 ranch rifles(no pistol grip or flash hider) were fine and didn't need registered.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 7:14:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By shifty522:
Help me understand...how exactly is Jabba and co going to go about enforcing registry?

As far as I know the 4473 does not state what type of firearm exaclty is purchased correct?

Example..I have two form1 sbr but short of the gestapo raiding my house and a traffic stop with said item in vehicle who is to say I did not "store" these items out of state.

Just trying to wrap my head around this mess.
View Quote

He doesn't need to enforce it....much.  A couple well documented cases of guys that purchased during the preliminary injunction and then didn't register them getting their pee pee slapped real hard and the the vast majority of internet blowhards will refuse to leave home with their AR.  It will never get shot and in a generation there will be a vast majority who never understood why people wanted them, and never shot one, and don't give a shit.  They will turn them in after you and I die.  The end.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 7:19:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 6:33:32 PM EDT
[#35]
latest numbers are in, looks like ~1.2% of individuals registered something. I wonder how the governor and supporting dems will react to this.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 8:09:40 PM EDT
[#36]
latest numbers are in, looks like ~1.2% of individuals registered something. I wonder how the governor and supporting dems will react to this.
View Quote

Hopefully they puke, fall over backwards, convulse, scream "Noooooo!!!" and then die a painful death rolling on the floor pooping their pants.

VooDoo
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 10:16:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Those number are probably fuged in pricksters favor.

Total FOID hasn't changed up or down.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 9:57:24 AM EDT
[#38]

Hopefully they puke, fall over backwards, convulse, scream "Noooooo!!!" and then die a painful death rolling on the floor pooping their pants.

VooDoo
View All Quotes

VooDoo

the law is working as intended - sales of scary rifles have stopped 100%
there are 30,000 folks who are low hanging fruit for confiscation
the kings men can and probably will go to the stores that were protected in the TRO and gather 4473.  They will likely start with harassing letters to these people and then maybe compile a list of enimies from most to least and make a few thefts / confiscations
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 10:25:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Citadel:

the kings men can and probably will go to the stores that were protected in the TRO and gather 4473.  They will likely start with harassing letters to these people and then maybe compile a list of enimies from most to least and make a few thefts / confiscations
View Quote

You think if they started doing confiscations, that they would stop at those 30k? They are not stupid. People joke around and act like these people are stupid cause they act stupid when questioned and make vague laws. They are not and know exactly what they are doing. Only weapons that are safe, are weapons bought a long time ago and thru FTF deals. Why do you think they got rid of those a few years back?
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 10:57:01 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Ivan1:

You think if they started doing confiscations, that they would stop at those 30k? They are not stupid. People joke around and act like these people are stupid cause they act stupid when questioned and make vague laws. They are not and know exactly what they are doing. Only weapons that are safe, are weapons bought a long time ago and thru FTF deals. Why do you think they got rid of those a few years back?
View Quote

You are fear mongering. Assuming they could get their hands on all 4473s and compile a back registry of their own (which is highly unlikely), no judge(s) will issue warrants for the search of ~2M homes. I mean even if these items were purchased at some point, it doesn’t guarantee that the person is still in possession - could be stored out of state, lost in a boating accident, etc. The burden of proof and need for probable cause is on them.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 11:22:35 AM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Citadel:

>>You think if they started doing confiscations, that they would stop at those 30k?
As is I said low hanging fruit - they'll likely start with folks on the TRO just to be hateful

>> Only weapons that are safe, are weapons bought a long time ago and thru FTF deals. Why do you think they got rid of those a few years back?
You're not wrong here.

Link Posted: 1/3/2024 11:27:15 AM EDT
[#42]
If they start confiscation, a lot of guns will be hidden or moved out of state very quickly. Confiscation really only works if they can prevent you from leaving the state with it. There is no law that currently prevents any guns from being moved out of state. Anyone can claim they already moved their registered or unregistered guns out of state.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 11:36:43 AM EDT
[#43]

You are fear mongering. Assuming they could get their hands on all 4473s and compile a back registry of their own (which is highly unlikely), no judge(s) will issue warrants for the search of ~2M homes. I mean even if these items were purchased at some point, it doesn’t guarantee that the person is still in possession - could be stored out of state, lost in a boating accident, etc. The burden of proof and need for probable cause is on them.
View All Quotes

>> You are fear mongering.

I don't think so - while they wouldn't issue a blanket warrant.  I suspect ISP will be visiting all the FFL who were part of the TRO.  It should not be too hard to compile verboten guns bought under the TRO.  They might start with harassing letters asking about disposition of these.  When they get no reply it'll be east to sort most to least , shop for a friendly judge and go steal said guns.

Link Posted: 1/3/2024 11:45:04 AM EDT
[#44]
I don’t know about all FFLs but mine does everything on paper and he would not willingly give up the 4473s. Furthermore, I doubt ISP has the resources to do any of this.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:04:51 PM EDT
[#46]
I don’t know about all FFLs but mine does everything on paper and he would not willingly give up the 4473s. Furthermore, I doubt ISP has the resources to do any of this.
View Quote

I don't think he has a choice if a king's man er 'peace officer' comes knocking - while they certainly don't have manpower for all FFL they can certainly target specific ones
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:06:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VodoundaVinci] [#47]
View Quote

What about those of us who know that the FFL's we purchased now banned firearms from *HAVE* gone belly up since 2019 and their 4473'2 are verifiably in the hands of the ATF?

People /organizations with credibility are proceeding under the idea that the ATF, despite laws to the contrary, does indeed posses enough 4473's and has been/is presently scanning them into a searchable registration index. They are accumulating these 4473's from FFL's that have gone belly up.

Half of all FFL's in Illinois have gone belly up since 2019 and presumably all of their 4473's have been turned over to the ATF.

So stop "Fear Mongering" ....nothing is gonna happen and Pritzker and folks at the ISP are not likely matching people's names to folks who have purchased multiple "Assault Weapons" , which is documented in 1 billion records that the ATF now possesses, and then cross matching those names to the Illinois Disclosure Affidavits or lack thereof. It's impossible that the ISP and ATF are coordinating to match people who *They Know* have purchased multiple banned items over the years and filled out disclosure affidavits for none of them.

It's impossible that if the ISP and ATF lay this information in front of a dyed in the wool Liberal Blue State Judge, that the Judge would issue a Warrant based on the purchase of multiple banned weapons and not registered a single one. Never gonna happen. They just don't have the resources.

VooDoo
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 6:38:31 PM EDT
[#48]
New statistics on ISP website for PICA compliance.

October 1, 2023 - December 31, 2023

Number of Individuals Completing a Disclosure: 29,357
Total Disclosures: 112,350
Firearms Disclosures: 68,992
Accessory Disclosures: 42,830
Ammunition Disclosures: 528

By my calculations roughly 1.5 firearms disclosed per number of individuals reporting.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 8:26:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By VASCAR2:
New statistics on ISP website for PICA compliance.

October 1, 2023 - December 31, 2023

Number of Individuals Completing a Disclosure: 29,357
Total Disclosures: 112,350
Firearms Disclosures: 68,992
Accessory Disclosures: 42,830
Ammunition Disclosures: 528

By my calculations roughly 1.5 firearms disclosed per number of individuals reporting.
View Quote

Please check your math - 68,992 firearms disclosed by 29,357 individuals = 2.35 firearms per person. But my calcculator might need batteries. Soo....

VooDoo
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 12:43:19 AM EDT
[#50]
In Devore livestream tonight, rumor is JB is pissed about  the open defiance of the citizenry,  and looking to establish ISP task forces to work on his mandate.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Registry enforcement (Page 1 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top