Site Notices
Registry enforcement (Page 2 of 2)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 11:15:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By chumly2071:
In Devore livestream tonight, rumor is JB is pissed about  the open defiance of the citizenry,  and looking to establish ISP task forces to work on his mandate.
View Quote

So true (JB) Jack Booted thugs?

Link Posted: 1/4/2024 1:32:35 PM EDT
[#2]
In Devore livestream tonight, rumor is JB is pissed about  the open defiance of the citizenry,  and looking to establish ISP task forces to work on his mandate.
View Quote

Fuck him
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 3:01:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By PorkchopSandwhiches:

Fuck him
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PorkchopSandwhiches:

Fuck him

He has no way of knowing if the firearms in question are still in state or even if they still exist. Plus, I don’t think isp has 4473 access, and even if they do, they are not a complete history of the firearm due to private transactions. What am I missing here?
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 3:18:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VodoundaVinci] [#4]
Originally Posted By kaneljo3000:

He has no way of knowing if the firearms in question are still in state or even if they still exist. Plus, I don’t think isp has 4473 access, and even if they do, they are not a complete history of the firearm due to private transactions. What am I missing here?
View Quote

My local FFL/Gun Shop/Range has transferred every firearm I ever bought and they tell me that if the ISP asks to see their 4473's on Vodoun daVinci they have to and will present them immediately. My concern is that they verify that I purchased/took possession of a number of firearms that are now banned and it takes them about 5 minutes to search on the database of disclosure affidavits to discover i have not registered a single one. My concern is that armed with 4473's that prove I took possession of these weapons and the fact I registered not a single one is laid before a dyed-in-the-wool, bought and paid for liberal Blue Judge he may issue a Warrant based on that information.

I think we as firearms owners need to accept the fact that these assholes are making up these unconstitutional laws and that this is not 2000. They don't care about the Constitution, my Rights, due process, or any of that anymore. It's every man for himself and the people who want me disarmed have no integrity nor respect for my rights nor the constitution. This whole State is literally rife with collusion, bribery, political racketeering.

I believe there are probably dozens of Blue, Liberal Judges throughout Illinois who will issue warrants at Pritzkers demands. Others do not think there is anything to worry about. We'll see as this goes forward.

VooDoo
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 3:26:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By VodoundaVinci:

My local FFL/Gun Shop/Range has transferred every firearm I ever bought and they tell me that if the ISP asks to see their 4473's on Vodoun daVinci they have to and will present them immediately. My concern is that they verify that I purchased/took possession of a number of firearms that are now banned and it takes them about 5 minutes to search on the database of disclosure affidavits to discover i have not registered a single one. My concern is that armed with 4473's that prove I took possession of these weapons and the fact I registered not a single one is laid before a dyed-in-the-wool, bought and paid for liberal Blue Judge he may issue a Warrant based on that information.

I think we as firearms owners need to accept the fact that these assholes are making up these unconstitutional laws and that this is not 2000. They don't care about the Constitution, my Rights, due process, or any of that anymore. It's every man for himself and the people who want me disarmed have no integrity nor respect for my rights nor the constitution. This whole State is literally rife with collusion, bribery, political racketeering.

I believe there are probably dozens of Blue, Liberal Judges throughout Illinois who will issue warrants at Pritzkers demands. Others do not think there is anything to worry about. We'll see as this goes forward.

VooDoo
View Quote

This seems unlikely since (1)  it would take them a long time and many resources to piece together reliable information and (2) it would take a huge amount of resources to execute these warrants and they run the risk of trashing a constituents home to find nothing because the firearms have been disposed of or relocated. Yes, they are extreme but not this extreme. More than likely they will expand the process and threaten to suspend foid cards if you don’t attest to not having any of these weapons.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 5:06:05 PM EDT
[#6]

This seems unlikely since (1)  it would take them a long time and many resources to piece together reliable information and (2) it would take a huge amount of resources to execute these warrants and they run the risk of trashing a constituents home to find nothing because the firearms have been disposed of or relocated. Yes, they are extreme but not this extreme. More than likely they will expand the process and threaten to suspend foid cards if you don’t attest to not having any of these weapons.
View All Quotes

VooDoo

they won't target everyone - they likely will selectively target 'enemies' - say the shops that got themselves covered on the TRO  
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 5:11:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: IceChimp] [#7]
Originally Posted By Citadel:

they won't target everyone - they likely will selectively target 'enemies' - say the shops that got themselves covered on the TRO  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Citadel:

VooDoo

The lowest hanging fruit will be people showing up in their electronic database as having bought "assault weapons" since the dealer licensing bill went into effect in hostile counties.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 6:32:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 10:07:23 PM EDT
[#9]
From the ISP:

"ISP does not intend to act against residents who file an endorsement affidavit after January 1, 2024," Illinois State Police said in an email. "The FOID Portal will remain open and people can submit endorsement affidavits at any time. ISP's goal is compliance with the law and safety."
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 8:03:06 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

All they need to do is very publicly sentence one dad with 3 girls in college to 50 years as an example, and everyone else will fall in line.  Just like the J6 morons.
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 9:11:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: makintrax73] [#11]
Originally Posted By AlvinYork:
From the ISP:

"ISP does not intend to act against residents who file an endorsement affidavit after January 1, 2024," Illinois State Police said in an email. "The FOID Portal will remain open and people can submit endorsement affidavits at any time. ISP's goal is compliance with the law and safety."
View Quote

We have basic trust problem.  Jaba took a shit on IL law and fundamental constitutional rights during COVID, then proceeded to gut the IIA with PICA without even bothering to include our side in the conversation even if just for show.

Now we have a situation where there has apparently been mass non-compliance directly as a result of that mistrust, and we have the ISP basically saying:  "Hey guys don't worry about the law we used to screw over your constitutional rights, as long as you swear under oath that you violated the law (which is EXACTLY what the above would require) everything will be A-OK.  No really we PINKY SWEAR!"

Link Posted: 1/5/2024 10:09:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By AlvinYork:
From the ISP:

View Quote

It matters nothing what they said in a email to a reporter. The law said January 1st.
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 1:26:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By berlinsoldaten:
What about FOID cards my FOID expired so I renewed, but I don`t have the card in my possession physically, however the ISPs website says it`s valid so am I safe to register my guns ?
View Quote

How do you feel being part of the super minority of 1% that registered and not part of the 99% that stood strong?
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 2:16:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By HerculesMulligan:

How do you feel being part of the super minority of 1% that registered and not part of the 99% that stood strong?
View Quote

99% patriots
1% you fill in the blank
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 3:11:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlvinYork] [#15]
Originally Posted By HerculesMulligan:

View Quote

What was it that Franklin stated? “We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.”
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 1:30:26 PM EDT
[#16]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2H-a5z_z7s&t=308s

Some speculate IL gun confiscation on horizon; Bill strips driver's license for FOID noncompliance
View Quote

Start watching at 2:19 if you don't have 12 minutes to watch the whole thing. Some interesting theories and possibilities presented on enforcement.

VooDoo
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 1:40:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Also a rumor floating about that Pretzel has an emergency order already drafted for the next "mass shooting" incident to confiscate stuff.  

Nothing to back it up, but a rumor going around from Springfield.

Link Posted: 1/12/2024 2:36:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Illinois, Was That Just the Biggest Waste of Time Ever?

Here's another point of view on confiscation from a gun law guru.

VooDoo
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 3:59:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Also a rumor floating about that Pretzel has an emergency order already drafted for the next "mass shooting" incident to confiscate stuff.  

Nothing to back it up, but a rumor going around from Springfield.

View Quote

Registration might pass the scotus test but there is no way confiscation would. I still hope all this gets struck down but I’m worried about scotus unwilling to take it on.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 8:57:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Ivan1:

I still hope all this gets struck down but I’m worried about scotus unwilling to take it on.
View Quote

The current composition of the court is our one and only chance to halt the gun grabbers.  I hope to god they'll take a 2A case involving AWB's.

But I'm also realistic.  The anti-gunners won't stop.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 1:08:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DOG556] [#21]
https://www.facebook.com/video.php/?video_id=1707149246480870

Hopefully this Facebook link works. The Dems want to take your DL and CCL if you did not Register!
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 11:07:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: VodoundaVinci] [#22]
I gotta wonder what their plan is for all the people who moved their stuff out of State and didn't register/submit disclosure affidavits. They gonna turn off my DL and CCL for not being in possession of any illegal items in this State?

I linked it for ya'l here: https://www.facebook.com/video.php/?video_id=1707149246480870

This is positively dystopian.

VooDoo
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 1:16:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Reading threw the bill, its mess of FOID card amendments Dl amendments. According to the initial draft of the bill they can suspend your DL for a buttload of reasons, not just the FOID card.

The Dems just want total power over everything. Don't tow the line...DL suspended.

Link Posted: 1/14/2024 5:02:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Is This How Confiscation Happens in Illinois?

VooDoo
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 11:29:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Watch Bishop on Air. The JCAR meeting was interesting Tuesday to say the least.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 12:23:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By jhc:
View Quote

No one knows what they're doing with this cluster fuck of a pile of pig shit.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 9:08:17 AM EDT
[#27]
FYI this bill is from October and one of the comments says it’s dead. I hope so…
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 7:55:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By jhc:
View Quote

Agree!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Registry enforcement (Page 2 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top