Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/20/2023 8:46:29 AM EDT
This is day one of planning.
I plan to be gone around 14-18 days and would like to do salmon fishing (cricks and rivers) most of the time with two days of bottom fishing.
Prob 3 different areas.
Wouldn't mind seeing brown bears.

So if you were picking three different areas, where would you list as good spots?
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 2:46:16 PM EDT
[#1]
What area as Alaska is huge and not all areas are road connected?

South East

South central

Interior

SW
NW

Some areas have restrictions on salmon.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 3:33:55 PM EDT
[#2]
The rivers can vary a lot by year. And emergency close or don’t open at all often.

Chitina is a hot spot for dip netting if that’s something you’re interested in. Get the most amount of fish.

Russian river in anchorage is popular but it’s “combat” fishing. Meaning the shores are lined with people.

Can be caught from shore in Seward, Homer, and Valdez.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 4:52:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Thinking more about Kenai and 1-2 others if there are some good suggestions.
I assume I  will be flying between spots. Maybe I will get Maggie from Cicely to take me places.
That is probably too old for most of you.
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 2:43:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks and keep it coming.
My time slot is pretty fixed. Fifteen yo grandson/athlete finishes baseball June 23 and starts football July8.
Planning on taking him.

He will not get into net fishing.
And we will give away 99% of fish.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 7:27:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Shoot me a PM and I can get you connected with some guides on the Kenai Peninsula for salt water and fresh. Im a registered guide on the Kenai
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 10:18:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shoot me a PM and I can get you connected with some guides on the Kenai Peninsula for salt water and fresh. Im a registered guide on the Kenai
View Quote

Done
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top