Link Posted: 1/31/2024 2:05:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By NorCalRT:
Saint Benitez does it again!

https://michellawyers.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/01/2024-01-31-Decision.pdf

View Quote
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 3:39:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Trollslayer] [#2]
So, if I go to Turner's, can I buy ammo today?

Can I order ammo on the internet?

Defendant Attorney General Rob Bonta, and his officers, agents, servants, employees, and attorneys, and those persons in active concert or participation with him, and those duly sworn state peace officers and federal law enforcement officers who gain knowledge of this injunction order or know of the existence of this injunction order, are

enjoined from implementing or enforcing the ammunition sales background check provisions found in California Penal Code §§ 30352 and 30370(a) through (e), and the

ammunition anti-importation provisions found in §§ 30312(a) and (b) and 30314(a), as well as the

criminal enforcement of California Penal Code §§ 30312(d), 30314(c), and 30365(a).
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 3:53:10 PM EDT
[#3]
The state will probably get a stay in before most companies lawyers go over it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 6:06:25 PM EDT
[#4]
YO! SAINT BENITEZ!

...at the 9:18 mark:

BREAKING NEWS: Judge Benitez Rules California Ammo Background Checks UNCONSTITUTIONAL!

Link Posted: 1/31/2024 7:23:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ajcrash:
The state will probably get a stay in before most companies lawyers go over it.
View Quote
brownells.com is now doing CA ammo sales

Link Posted: 1/31/2024 8:28:29 PM EDT
[#6]
YES! Lots of retailers and wholesalers: BUY NOW!

Link Posted: 1/31/2024 9:11:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Last time we got a ruling like this I ordered a few cases from Brownells… they canceled my order before it shipped.

Everyone will be celebration buying it gonna be rough. Lol

If anyone has a list of who all is shipping here that would be helpful.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 10:32:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ajcrash] [#8]
Add Rainier Arms to the list.

ETA: True Shot, GrabaGun
Fort Scott Munitions. Free shipping on orders over $150
Sportsman’s Warehouse
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 10:45:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Fenix ammo and PSA also.

I ordered from PSA.

I will try brick and mortar store tomorrow
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 12:17:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Last time we got a ruling like this I ordered a few cases from Brownells  they canceled my order before it shipped.

Everyone will be celebration buying it gonna be rough. Lol

If anyone has a list of who all is shipping here that would be helpful.
View Quote
Brownells is in.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 12:57:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Jus_Ad_Bellum:
Brownells is in.
View Quote

They were in last time too. They should prioritize CA ammo orders before the state gets the 9th to put a stay on it again. I got in an order, but I’m not holding my breath.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 11:56:42 AM EDT
[#12]

They were in last time too. They should prioritize CA ammo orders before the state gets the 9th to put a stay on it again. I got in an order, but I'm not holding my breath.
View Quote
I heard that they are so that's good news

Link Posted: 2/1/2024 3:30:46 PM EDT
[#13]
I just shipped some to my son in CA from Target Sports USA.  They said that they are NOT shipping to mailing addresses in LA (not sure if it is LA city or LA county).  The rest of CA is open for business.

If the 9th circuit issues a stay after the ammo is shipped but before he receives it then what is the legal status?
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 5:12:33 PM EDT
[#14]
After a 2 year hiatus,  I am back working in California.
Just stopped at the Turner's in Corona and picked up some nontoxic shotgun ammo .
It's nice to see that nonresidents can also buy ammunition .
Guys in line waiting were talking about "hoarding off the books" while this is in place.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 5:47:45 PM EDT
[#15]
I see prices on ammo went magically higher since this too.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 3:23:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Still in effect?
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 7:28:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By DonS:
Still in effect?
View Quote

So far!
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 10:28:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Screwed by the 9th yet again.
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 1:24:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Screwed by the 9th yet again.
View Quote

Dirty fuckin sons of bitches
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 2:01:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Disappointing but expected.

Link Posted: 2/6/2024 7:37:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Looks like some companies are shipping orders that were placed prior to last night’s ruling but hadn’t shipped yet.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 12:13:08 PM EDT
[#22]
I find it interesting how each commie governor and AG have their own personal judges in the form of the 9th circus in t heir pockets on an as needed basis.

The entire country sees the 9th for what it is. This verdicts always predictable, completely bought and paid for, yet they remain judges.

We should really make it a point to remember their names, put their names on blast so that they are easily remembered for why they have and continue to do.

As far as Newsom, can you imagine the damage he would cause as POTUS? He sure is chummy with Dementia Joe.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 2:48:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By dogfacepappy:
I find it interesting how each commie governor and AG have their own personal judges in the form of the 9th circus in t heir pockets on an as needed basis.

The entire country sees the 9th for what it is. This verdicts always predictable, completely bought and paid for, yet they remain judges.

We should really make it a point to remember their names, put their names on blast so that they are easily remembered for why they have and continue to do.

As far as Newsom, can you imagine the damage he would cause as POTUS? He sure is chummy with Dementia Joe.
View Quote

Look at how the left marches together.

I don't think the judges are bought and paid for. They are true believers doing the will of the Party. They don't necessary need or have specific instructions on doing the will of the Party. They know what it is and will act on it.

It's really worse than corruption.

Link Posted: 2/7/2024 6:00:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Very fortunately I don't live in California but has anyone been prosecuted for bringing in ammunition from out of state? Other than as an add on charge for some lowlife who's not a very sympathetic defendant and with much bigger charges to contend with.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 9:41:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By fire4effect69:
Very fortunately I don't live in California but has anyone been prosecuted for bringing in ammunition from out of state? Other than as an add on charge for some lowlife who's not a very sympathetic defendant and with much bigger charges to contend with.
View Quote

I think so but don't recall too much press hyperventilating about it.  My recollection is there has been some surveillance at border "close" stores or shows involving Ca plated cars or some problem that ends up disclosing the stuff, say involved in an accident or a vehicle stop leading to an arrest and search, etc.

If I were to compare things, it might be like buying fireworks, tobacco or booze across state lines in some places, and how often turns into a bust?  My impression is not often.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 2:58:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Trollslayer] [#26]
I am a bit puzzled about the stay of the injunction.

In issuing the stay, the judge wrote, "I do not believe appellant (AG Rob Bonta representing the state) has met his burden of showing a likelihood of success on the merits…”.  

To me, that means Bonta did not make his case.

If the Bonta did not make his case during his day in court, the judge should NOT have issued the stay.  

Am I missing or misinterpreting something here?
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 9:36:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Trollslayer:

In issuing the stay, the judge wrote, "I do not believe appellant (AG Rob Bonta representing the state) has met his burden of showing a likelihood of success on the merits…”.  

If the Bonta did not make his case during his day in court, the judge should NOT have issued the stay.  

View Quote

Just the ninth doing ninth things.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 6:18:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HDLS] [#28]
Originally Posted By Trollslayer:

View Quote

9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals voted 2-1

That was the dissenting judge.  

“I do not believe (Bonta) has met his burden of showing a likelihood of success on the merits or that irreparable injury will occur absent a stay,” Callahan wrote in her dissent.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 2:25:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By HDLS:

9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals voted 2-1

That was the dissenting judge.  

“I do not believe (Bonta) has met his burden of showing a likelihood of success on the merits or that irreparable injury will occur absent a stay,” Callahan wrote in her dissent.
View Quote

Thank you for that.  Somehow, I did not see that last most important little bit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top