Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/7/2024 2:56:25 PM EDT
Planing on sending a handgun to an out of state smith for some work.  The smith emailed a copy of FFL and said to mail overnight via UPS or FedEx.
Is it that simple? I really can't handle a jail term right now.
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 3:52:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kwb377] [#1]
I don't think UPS or FedEx will accept firearms shipments from non-FFL's anymore (USPS will still accept a long gun, but not a handgun from a non-FFL).

I've used shipmygun.com a few times recently with good results (it ships on Bud's Gun Shop account). Or the receiving FFL could email a shipping label to you on his account and just add the shipping charge to your bill.

ShipMyGun
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 12:09:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll look into them.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 11:24:53 PM EDT
[#3]
It's not illegal to ship it via Fedex or UPS. Hell, it's not even illegal to ship it via ground service instead of the 2 day they specify. It's just against their terms of service. Just print the label yourself and lie when they ask what's inside lol
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 2:41:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I shipped a pistol to the manufacturer for warranty work via fedex yesterday.

Link Posted: 2/26/2024 3:55:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jellybean18:
It's not illegal to ship it via Fedex or UPS. Hell, it's not even illegal to ship it via ground service instead of the 2 day they specify. It's just against their terms of service. Just print the label yourself and lie when they ask what's inside lol
View Quote
You can certainly do this, but if they lose it you'll get nothing.

Shipping with a shipmygun label, or a label generated under an FFL's account (who has valid FedEx/UPs insurance) will avoid this concern.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top