Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2024 2:40:02 AM EDT
Years ago I sbr'd a few rifles and did have to register them as pistols. I plan on a bolt action 8.6blk with 12" barrel. Do I have to still register it as a pistol as I plan on sbr'ing it right away?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:44:42 AM EDT
[#1]
If it's overall length in its shortest configuration is under 26 inches, then yes.

Formed 1 a BRN-180M lower in March for a dedicated .22 LR build and I double checked with the State Police then. Mainly because the handgaurd is 5 inches longer then my barrel.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:51:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 243savage:
If it's overall length in its shortest configuration is under 26 inches, then yes.

Formed 1 a BRN-180M lower in March for a dedicated .22 LR build and I double checked with the State Police then. Mainly because the handgaurd is 5 inches longer then my barrel.
View Quote

Years ago Michigan measured oal differently than the atf, in its shortest configuration. I'm guessing its the same now.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 5:23:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By fmkenner:

Years ago Michigan measured oal differently than the atf, in its shortest configuration. I'm guessing its the same now.
View Quote

Still measured differently. I think all my SBRs are registered in Michigan as pistols with a different length then what is on the Form 1.
Top Top