Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/5/2024 6:27:44 AM EDT
I have a few lowers I need to have engraved.  Trustworthy (good security, don’t need to lose NFA items-I.e.: not a trophy shop or home business) and good quality are the most important things.  Any recommendations?
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 8:49:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I have taken a few to OPS Supply at Louisville Armory.  They send it to Kodiak Coatings in Simpsonville (same owner) and they engraved it.  They do good work and have had a fast turnaround.  Would definitely do again.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 8:34:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KentuckyMarksman:
I have taken a few to OPS Supply at Louisville Armory.  They send it to Kodiak Coatings in Simpsonville (same owner) and they engraved it.  They do good work and have had a fast turnaround.  Would definitely do again.
View Quote

Thank you!  I’ll be giving them a call tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 9:50:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Give Armor Hyde technologies a call. I've had several done. I think his name is Devin.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 8:55:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By BigJ72:
Give Armor Hyde technologies a call. I've had several done. I think his name is Devin.
View Quote

Right, if you contact Armorhyde, call.  Devin has been hit or miss on responding to emails I've sent him in the past.  
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:08:38 AM EDT
[#5]
I dropped them off with OPS Supply to have Kodiak engrave them, they told me 1-2 week turnaround and $40 a lower.  Similar pricing to THSF, but not having to deal with shipping is a plus.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 4:24:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I just got them back they did a great job.  Dropped off at Ops Supply in Simpsonville on Sunday and ready for pickup on Thursday.  The other one mentioned in this thread I haven’t used, but I also have seen great feedback about.   If anyone is thinking about an SBR or another SBR or suppressor-do it now.  I waited 7 months back in the day and this time they were all approved in 2-6 days.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:42:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Glad that worked out for you.  When I dropped mine off at Ops Supply in Louisville the told me 1 to 2 weeks as well, but was only a couple of days.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 10:15:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By RobZ71LM7:
I just got them back they did a great job.  Dropped off at Ops Supply in Simpsonville on Sunday and ready for pickup on Thursday.  The other one mentioned in this thread I haven’t used, but I also have seen great feedback about.   If anyone is thinking about an SBR or another SBR or suppressor-do it now.  I waited 7 months back in the day and this time they were all approved in 2-6 days.
View Quote

This is the place in the flea market?

Sorta close to me
What'd they charge?
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:23:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RobZ71LM7] [#9]
Originally Posted By craig24680:

Sorta close to me
What'd they charge?
View Quote

Correct. It, along with Ops Supply in Louisville and Kodiak Koatings in Shelbyville are all owned by Aaron Reed.  He was a navy seal and is running for office.  Kodiak does custom engraving and cerakote, but is M-F appt only.  You can drop it off at their store and they will handle what you want Kodiak to do.  It was $40 a lower and I had my name and city, state engraved above the trigger pins on the side of each lower.  I asked about doing the underside of the trigger guard like Tar Heel State Firearms does, but they didn’t think they could do that.  I had them leave it raw, I’m going to darken it with Birchwood Aluminum Black.  THSF is probably the best choice, but I’m not willing to ship NFA firearms for fear of being lost by a carrier.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 5:43:42 PM EDT
[#10]

Correct. It, along with Ops Supply in Louisville and Kodiak Koatings in Shelbyville are all owned by Aaron Reed.  He was a navy seal and is running for office.  Kodiak does custom engraving and cerakote, but is M-F appt only.  You can drop it off at their store and they will handle what you want Kodiak to do.  It was $40 a lower and I had my name and city, state engraved above the trigger pins on the side of each lower.  I asked about doing the underside of the trigger guard like Tar Heel State Firearms does, but they didn’t think they could do that.  I had them leave it raw, I’m going to darken it with Birchwood Aluminum Black.  THSF is probably the best choice, but I’m not willing to ship NFA firearms for fear of being lost by a carrier.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By craig24680:

Sorta close to me
What'd they charge?

Thanks for info
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 7:38:43 PM EDT
[#11]

I asked about doing the underside of the trigger guard like Tar Heel State Firearms does, but they didn’t think they could do that.  
View Quote

I had them engrave my lower inside the trigger guard like that, they were able to do it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:45:28 PM EDT
[#12]
I dropped them off with OPS Supply to have Kodiak engrave them, they told me 1-2 week turnaround and $40 a lower.  Similar pricing to THSF, but not having to deal with shipping is a plus.
View Quote

But if you ship out Monday, you'll probably have it back Friday or Saturday.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:57:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By officerX:

But if you ship out Monday, you'll probably have it back Friday or Saturday.
View Quote

If I hadn’t already paid for the tax stamps I would’ve done that, but I’ve had too many things lost by carriers to take that risk.  A $38-100 lower isn’t a big deal but $200 a pop on top of that is too much.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top