Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2024 5:04:43 AM EDT
Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else yet or received an email blast from them but taken from a thread over on mnguntalk where Bryan from MNGOC thinks they have the votes to pass the safe storage law.
http://www.mnguntalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=66216

Rip Van Winkle wrote:
Good God. A felony if you don't secure your guns? Meanwhile we let convicted felons out without bail for possessing firearms.

It gets less desirable every day to stay in this God forsaken state.

Starts as a misdemeanor, but depends on what happens and who is present.

Current version of the bill here:
https://www.revisor.mn.gov/bills/text.p ... n_number=0

We believe the DFL has the votes to pass this - it may yet get amended further. Expect floor movement in next 2-3 weeks.
b
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 12:24:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I’m going to put belt loops on my PJ’s so I can conceal carry when I go to bed. Then I’ll be legal.

If you sleep in the nude, that would be open carry.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 3:59:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Received a response today from Bianca Virnig on this issue

Thank you so much for reaching out with your concerns about this bill. While I value your input, I must respectfully disagree. As a fellow gun owner, I believe that safely storing our firearms is as important as using and maintaining them; it protects our families from the horrific stories that we all know too well.

While we disagree on this issue, I hope you stay in touch as we move forward through this legislative session.

Bianca
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 1:48:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gingerbreadman] [#3]
For fucks sake.

ETA:
I would consider forwarding that to MNGOC. Maybe they can put some pressure on her so she will see the errors in her thinking.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 8:56:50 PM EDT
[#4]
It passed due to that criminal democrat being allowed to vote. A fucking criminal votes a on criminal bill. WTF is wrong with this state?
Link Posted: Yesterday 5:00:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Debate on amendments to the bill is happening now

Link Posted: Yesterday 8:31:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Fat, ugly, liberal hags will be the death of us.
Link Posted: Yesterday 8:39:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Let's make sure to carve out an exception so LEOs don't get jammed up with vehicle storage while fucking everyone else.
Link Posted: Today 1:05:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By macphisto:
View Quote
That one that used her own lack of practice, proficiency, and comfort with firearms as her reasoning to mandate how others store their own firearms is where I had to turn it off.
Link Posted: Today 2:34:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By macphisto:
View Quote

Maybe if the Republicans got their shit together and wouldn't run people that had no chance of getting elected last time we wouldn't be in this position.
Link Posted: Today 5:16:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Gingerbreadman:
That one that used her own lack of practice, proficiency, and comfort with firearms as her reasoning to mandate how others store their own firearms is where I had to turn it off.
View Quote

She's the author of the bill...
Or at least who the Giffords Law Center and MDA found that was dumb enough to front it.

My wife's comment was basically she's a moron and shooting a 100 rounds a month for practice is nothing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top