Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2024 11:17:56 AM EDT
Wonder if anyone can help me out.Coming to Seattle in in late summer.For one day and staying at downtown Hilon.What are the places to see.Also what areas should we aviod.Then 10 days later staying again one day.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 11:27:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fordtuff] [#1]
Driving? walking?   There's the space needle,   Pike Place market, the water front, museum of flight.  Kind of depends how mobile you are.   I would suggest not taking public transportation.  It's contaminated with meth and fentanyl and they admit it and I've seen some pretty disgusting creatures come off those busses.   Watch where you step, try not to touch anything.  The street zombies can be aggressive sometimes.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 11:37:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Scollins] [#2]
Going on a cruise is my guess.......

The usual disclaimers are:
Seattle is a shithole, why would you go there?
Watch out for shit and piss on the sidewalks, and the homeless/panhandlers everywhere
Pack a gun if you can, but guessing on your itinerary, that won't be possible.

The usual touristy spots if you are so inclined:
Pike Place Market
Space Needle
Ballard Locks & Fisherman's Terminal (probably have to take a car/lyft/uber to get there)
Museum of Flight (probably have to take a car/lyft/uber to get there)
Seattle waterfront (Great Wheel, Wings over Washington, etc.)
CHIHULY GARDEN AND GLASS
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 3:28:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 2:37:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Lots of good suggestions from the others, OP. If you like coffee, Cafe Fonte on 1st just around the corner from Four Seasons is really good.

Ultimately, we get a lot of questions from people coming to visit that might warrant a tagged post with a rundown on where to go and where to avoid. While Seattle definitely has issues, there is still a lot of good to be found.

For ‘avoid’, definitely steer clear of 3rd Ave between Pike and Pine 😁
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 3:23:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TigerForce] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PACorps:
Lots of good suggestions from the others, OP. If you like coffee, Cafe Fonte on 1st just around the corner from Four Seasons is really good.

Ultimately, we get a lot of questions from people coming to visit that might warrant a tagged post with a rundown on where to go and where to avoid. While Seattle definitely has issues, there is still a lot of good to be found.

For ‘avoid’, definitely steer clear of 3rd Ave between Pike and Pine 😁
View Quote

Pike Place Market tends to be less crowded during the week than on weekends, but this distinction becomes less apparent during the summer tourist season. I was going to say the same thing about the 3rd Avenue / Pike and Pine area. It has been a well known drug and ne’er do well area for decades, and even more so lately, due to the looney policies surrounding law enforcement/prosecution.

ETA: You can observe the 3rd Ave between Pike and Pine shenanigans from a distance, to see what we’re talking about, if you’re so inclined, but keep your head on a swivel, as the saying goes.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 5:15:12 PM EDT
[#6]
If you are headed to Ketchikan on one of your stops hit me up. I lived there for a few years and can point you in the direction of some cool places the cruise ships don’t tell you about.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top