Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2024 9:12:12 AM EDT
Scored a ticket to the Eagles concert in Charlotte. I'm thinking of staying just outside the city, saving some $$ on the motel room?

I'll be coming in from TN, so I'd like to stay on the west side of Charlotte. I'll probably look for a Motel 6 or Super 8, something affordable for me.

So, what's a decent small to medium city to look at for this?

Any suggestions for parking when I go to the concert? I'd like to not come back to a busted window. Not sure if I'm leaving my gun in the motel or in the truck, hence the security concern.

Ironically, I used to run all over NC back in the late 1970s, early 1980s when I was in the Marines. But I never got to Charlotte for whatever reason.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 9:54:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Look into staying in Gastonia. There are several newly built hotels there. Not sure what venue the concert is going to be in, but your vehicle will be fine.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 10:27:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Might be a little too far but a town called Marion. Two hrs west of Charlotte right on 40. Exit 86, has a new Holiday Inn just South of 40. Its a safe town and area.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 9:47:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GoatPatty:
Look into staying in Gastonia. There are several newly built hotels there. Not sure what venue the concert is going to be in, but your vehicle will be fine.
View Quote

Yeah, I looked there. There's a new Motel 6 there, so that's the leader of the pack for now. LOL!

How far from there to the Spectrum Center?

Any thoughts on parking?
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 9:49:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By SpankMonkey:
Might be a little too far but a town called Marion. Two hrs west of Charlotte right on 40. Exit 86, has a new Holiday Inn just South of 40. Its a safe town and area.
View Quote

Yeah, 2 hrs is a bit too far for late at night & at my age (65). Concert might not be over until 1am or something. Steely Dan is opening, so that'll extend the show a good bit.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 8:22:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Maybe a half an hour. I'd just park in any of the decks. Your vehicle will be fine, I promise.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 8:22:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: USPguy] [#6]
Originally Posted By GoatPatty:
Maybe a half an hour. I'd just park in any of the decks. Your vehicle will be fine, I promise.
View Quote

At the Spectrum Center?
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 5:24:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes, sir. There are tons of parking decks nearby. It's in uptown.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 2:24:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I probably would not recommend staying in any Motel 6 or Super 8 in Charlotte.  Those places usually in rough parts of the community, and Charlotte crime is at its highest right now.   It would be worth to pay a little more and stay in a better area/hotel.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 7:05:41 PM EDT
[#9]
I would look at an Air B and B before any cheap hotel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top