Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2023 4:56:16 AM EDT
If they are still open give them a call about ordering for you.

https://www.alaskaammogroup.com/

https://www.alaskaammogroup.com/bush-orders

How do I make out the bill of lading?

Consign your freight to:
Span Alaska Transportation
3815 W. Valley Hwy N
Auburn, WA 98001

In the body of the bill of lading, write the final destination information, such as your company name, destination, PO number, etc. Or call Span Alaska at 1-800-257-7726 and we’ll walk you through the process.

https://www.spanalaska.com/html/faqs

Carlile Connect will ship ammo from Tacoma to Anchorage

https://www.carlile.biz/ship-to-alaska/

Here is the email from the hazmat guy I talked with. It has more details.

Hello

Using our Carlile MyConnect service (link to sign up is below). Once you’ve created an account, you can then have your orders that you’ve purchased sent to our Tacoma facility. At that point, they get consolidated onto a trailer and sent to Alaska via steamship. Upon arrival here, they will call and let you know when your order can be picked up.

In regards to ammunition supplies, it’s extremely important to have your packages, marked, labeled, and shipped to meet the CFR 49 regulations for hazmat. Most vendors or suppliers that you order from know this as well, but it’s good to verify with them before they are shipped.

https://www.carlile.biz/ship-to-alaska/

Here is regulations for shipping black powder, and primers.
Black powder can be sent up to 100 lbs. according to the regulations. Also, they will need to be sent on separate shipments if it’s coming up from Tacoma because of segregation issues.

§ 173.170 Black powder for small arms.
Black powder for small arms that has been classed in Division 1.1 may be re classed as a Division 4.1 material, for domestic transportation by motor vehicle, rail freight, and cargo vessel only, subject to the following conditions:
(a) The total quantity of black powder in one transport vehicle or freight container may not exceed 45.4 kg (100 pounds) net mass. No more than four freight containers may be on board one cargo vessel;
(b) The black powder must be packed in inner metal or heavy wall conductive plastic receptacles not over 454 g (16 ounces) net capacity each, with no more than 25 cans in one outer UN 4G fiberboard box. The inner packagings must be arranged and protected so as to prevent simultaneous ignition of the contents. The complete package must be of the same type which has been examined as required in § 173.56;
(c) Each completed package must be marked “BLACK POWDER FOR SMALL ARMS” and “NA 0027”; and
(d) Each package must bear the FLAMMABLE SOLID label.
For the caps –
UN0044, Primers Cap Type, 1.4 S
Packed in trays or inner packaging’s to prevent movement while shipping.
Each package must bear the Explosive 1.4S label

https://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/threads/ship-your-ammo-up-through-carlile-myconnect.2779266/
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 8:32:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Have several friends who have used Carlisle My Connect to great success recently. Huge jump over previous options.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 1:36:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I have not used them for ammo, but I have used them for other items that can't fly.

They are great, and offer a great service and a very reasonable price.

Once you have an account you get an "address" in Tacoma and the rest is practically automatic.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 6:46:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Carlile also ships to fbx, which is nice. I found some retailers will charge WA sales tax because it goes to Tacoma first, anyone else dealt with this?

Thanks for posting.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 1:02:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By desentis:
I have not used them for ammo, but I have used them for other items that can't fly.

They are great, and offer a great service and a very reasonable price.

Once you have an account you get an "address" in Tacoma and the rest is practically automatic.
View Quote

What’s the cost per case to freight forward to AK?
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 10:52:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Herk-Healer:

What's the cost per case to freight forward to AK?
View Quote
I was talking to a guy last week who said he was paying about $20 per 150rd can of .50 BMG. I ordered some ammo today and had it shipped there. It was not enough to make it worth sending a whole pallet. I'll post when i get it in.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 12:59:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Be advised..Attempted to purchase ammunition from MidwayUSA sent to Carlile Transportation and MidwayUSA cancelled my order stating they will not ship to freight forwarders: "MidwayUSA does not ship to Prep Centers because it falls outside our terms of service, our mission is to serve retail, end-user Customers. This includes any NON-USPS mail facility; freight forwarding, Cargo Services, UPS, FedEx et cetera. We also do not do any business outside of the United States, directly or indirectly. Because of this we have cancelled your order."
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 1:06:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Herk-Healer:

What’s the cost per case to freight forward to AK?
View Quote

When you set up account, it will give you price quote based on dimensions and weight when you select ship option.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 6:22:14 PM EDT
[#8]
1000rd can of 556 was $24 to Anchorage
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 1:11:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Just completed first ammo shipment through Carlisle. Purchased 1k rounds of 556 from J&G. Had shipped to Carlisle in Tacoma. Shipping from Tacoma to Anchorage was $27. Arrived in less than a week. Picked up from 1st Street location in Anch. No issues. Shipping up a lot more in a couple of weeks via UPS Bellingham to Carlisle. Will see how the UPS portion goes..
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 3:43:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Shipped 360lbs of ammo up from Bellingham recently.

UPS -> Carlisle Tacoma -> ship -> Anchorage

Boxes with 50cal cans in shipped. 65lb limit per box. 8 boxes total. UPS picked up in Bellingham and delivered to Tacoma dock next day. Shipping from Tacoma to Anchorage was just under $25 per box.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:55:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Fuck Carlile!

I have been using AFF for ammo for years and went to try this new connect method. The place i ordered the ammo from sent individual cases UPS instead of on a pallet. I called carlile to have them consolidate the order on one pallet. Have done it a bunch of times with other shippers. NOPE!, can't do that. Even though they all have to go on a pallet to go on the boat anyway. They sent me an invoice for every case they received. Not only that they opened every case of ammo. Why you ask? "Yes, since ammo is hazmat, we are required to open the boxes to check that it is the ammo that the hazmat states   though we are supposed to tape it back closed to make sure the contents are safe.". I'm still waiting to hear back with something showing me this is a requirement to open cases of ammo.
I have been shipping ammo up here since 2004ish. NEVER had a case of ammo opened to check anything. I'll be going back to AFF from now on.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:02:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By viper5243:
Fuck Carlile!

I have been using AFF for ammo for years and went to try this new connect method. The place i ordered the ammo from sent individual cases UPS instead of on a pallet. I called carlile to have them consolidate the order on one pallet. Have done it a bunch of times with other shippers. NOPE!, can't do that. Even though they all have to go on a pallet to go on the boat anyway. They sent me an invoice for every case they received. Not only that they opened every case of ammo. Why you ask? "Yes, since ammo is hazmat, we are required to open the boxes to check that it is the ammo that the hazmat states   though we are supposed to tape it back closed to make sure the contents are safe.". I'm still waiting to hear back with something showing me this is a requirement to open cases of ammo.
I have been shipping ammo up here since 2004ish. NEVER had a case of ammo opened to check anything. I'll be going back to AFF from now on.
View Quote

That's worth throwing an Arizona Tea at them for....
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:23:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Atropian_Defector:

That's worth throwing an Arizona Tea at them for....
View Quote
Maybe an Arnold Palmer or some green tea.

Do they open up your buddys cases of ammo?
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 6:31:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By viper5243 :
Maybe an Arnold Palmer or some green tea.

Do they open up your buddys cases of ammo?
View Quote

Nope. I guess they must not like Jersey Shore rejects who live in Alaska now
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top